weird IF structure

Post by Pacma » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 18:53:24

I use eVC 3.0;
the code listed at the end, it is used to receive data
from socket, I get the return message

"Enter here"
"Nothing more"
"Time out"

and eventually it return false

?? weird ??

Any comment ? Thanks
struct timeval t = {sec, 0};
int result, result2;
result = select(0, &set, NULL, NULL, &t);
if (result != 0 && result != SOCKET_ERROR) // 0 -> time out
{
  if (recv(s, req, 1000, 0) == SOCKET_ERROR)
  {
    ProcessError();
    return false;
  }
  else
  {
    struct timeval tt = {0, 0};
    AfxMessageBox(L"Enter here");
    result2 = select(0, &set, NULL, NULL, &tt);
    if (result2 != 0 && result2 != SOCKET_ERROR)
    {
      AfxMessageBox(L"Still available");
    }
    else if (result2 == SOCKET_ERROR)
    {
      AfxMessageBox(L"Socket error");
      ProcessError();
    }
    else
    {
      AfxMessageBox(L"Nothing more");
    }
    return true;
  }

Quote:}

else if (result == SOCKET_ERROR)
  ProcessError();
else
{
  AfxMessageBox(L"Time out");
Quote:}

return false;

1. Questions on FireWire, what ifs on video inputs

My first question is: What does windows XP do when I want
to use FireWire to transfer video from a digital
camcorder such as as a MiniDV? I'm a total neophyte when
it comes to this topic, so does XP or the miniDV provide
the software. I know that a memory stick  can be used and
the file can be read. How does it handle a streaming
input is what I am asking. How does XP or mCE handle this
digital input?

The next question is: FireWire or 1394 D-VHS recorders
are now avaialble such as the JVC 30000 and set top boxes
such as the Samsung SIR 165 have FireWire or 1394
interfaces. How would XP or MCE handle streams received
from these devices?

The third question is: Lets say I have a friend who has
Haupauges WinTV HD. He records a HDTV program for me on a
cd. I pop that in my MCE machine, what does mCE or XP do
with that file?

Sorry for the theorhetical questions, but my I'd like to
know.

Paul K.

2. Programs failed in Win 3.1

3. IFS Kit for CE?

4. Mitsumi FA404A

5. IFS specs

6. audio player

7. Accessing WfW & Win95 IFS or Redirector API

8. AC/DC

9. Repost: Linux IFS?

10. need help for sound/ifs file

11. weird weird blackouts

12. XP Home Ed - Weird Really Weird

13. Weird science and SP1 weird for me 2