Pocket outlook add-ins

Post by Jami » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 03:05:56

Does anyone have any information about porting standard outlook add-ins over
to pocket outlook. It looks very much to me that there is no facility to use
the add-in model (com or other) in Pocket PC.

Pocket outlook add-ins

Post by Michael Fosmire [M » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 02:26:20

Hey Jamie,

I don't know much about Outlook Add-ins, but I would be incredibly surprised if this would work in Pocket Outlook.  About
the only things that are exposed for Pocket Outlook are available from the POOM:

Pocket Outlook Object Model (POOM) SDK Download
http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/developer/downloads/poomsdk.asp

Please note that if you're using a PocketPC 2002 device, you'll need to look to the device manufacturer for the PocketPC
2002 End User Update 1 before you can use the POOM on this device.

hth,
-mike

1. Pocket Outlook Inbox Add-ins

I am investigating whether it is possible to write an add-in to the Pocket
Outlook Inbox application. In the desk top version of Outlook, it is
possible to write add-ins to extend the menu items and intercept the
incoming and outgoing email messages. I read the POOM (Pocket Outlook Object
Model) document. It says that it's possible to write add-in to extend menu
items only to the Contact, Tasks, and Calendar applications, but the POOM is
dated back to 99. Maybe the new version allows to also extend the Inbox
application? Thanks for any helpful information!

Xiaoan

2. ????

3. Outlook 2002 Add-in: Pocket Contact Synchronizer 1.2 On Pocket PC 2002

4. xp lockups

5. bug in Pocket Outlook or Pocket Outlook Object Model

6. HELP!!! with SP2

7. Intervideo add-ins

8. Screen goes black

9. New Resource: Add-ins and Resources

10. Digital Audio DLL's or Add-Ins

11. Removing unwanted browser add-ins

12. browser add-ins

13. 4.7, add-ins and unable to access hotmail