SDK problem

Post by Craig Friesen [MSFT » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 02:57:16

(crossposting this to microsoft.public.windows.embedded.vc since this is
really more of an eVC question than PB.)

I asked the eVC team about this and here is their reply:

"This can occur when the new platform doesn't support the entire set of CPU
configurations that the project targets. For example, a vanilla project that
only targets MIPS and SHx will not display "Pocket PC 2003" as a valid
platform to build against (because PPC only supports ARM and X86). The
resolution may be to rebuild his new SDK with additional CPU support."

"As for porting project settings: We have no option/tool to do this AFAIK. A
touch of notepad.exe on the .vcp file is a possible remedy."

> I tried that, but the new CPU selection does not show up.  My old project
> uses ARMV4, my new one associated with the new SDK uses ARMV4I.

> > use build | configurations | add

SDK problem

Post by Bruc » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 21:24:15

Craig and Mike,

Thanks for your help.  Craig, thanks for tracking this down for me.

--Bruce

> (crossposting this to microsoft.public.windows.embedded.vc since this is
> really more of an eVC question than PB.)

> I asked the eVC team about this and here is their reply:

> "This can occur when the new platform doesn't support the entire set of
CPU
> configurations that the project targets. For example, a vanilla project
that
> only targets MIPS and SHx will not display "Pocket PC 2003" as a valid
> platform to build against (because PPC only supports ARM and X86). The
> resolution may be to rebuild his new SDK with additional CPU support."

> "As for porting project settings: We have no option/tool to do this AFAIK.
> touch of notepad.exe on the .vcp file is a possible remedy."
> --
rights.