A newbie's first App

Post by Nicola » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 06:55:25

Hi,

I have to develop an application for a Symbol PPT2700
pocket PC. (MIPS processor I guess)

I installed eVC4.0 and created a very simple application
(a MessageBox(...) only). It works on the CE emulator
(with WCE emulator processor), but when I choose a proper
processor and copy my test1.exe in a pocketPC folder, I
always get this error message:

Cannot find 'test1' (or one of its components) .....

But the file is here as well as I can read a text file put
in the same folder.

Thanks for help!

Nicolas

A newbie's first App

Post by Paul G. Tobey [eMVP » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 07:51:32

Don't forget that the emulator is running on your PC, which uses an x86
processor.  The same EXE won't run on the Symbol unit.  Choose the device
type that you want to target (PocketPC?, not emulator), and recompile
everything.  If you have the Symbol unit connected to the PC via ActiveSync,
eVC should download the EXE for you automatically.

Paul T.

Quote:> Hi,