about cout and <<

Post by Jean Ma » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 02:19:08

Dear all

i am a complete newbie in wince.
Can I use cout and << in embedded C++?

i did include the stdadx.h but still got error.

Many thanks.
Jean

about cout and <<

Post by Paul G. Tobey [eMVP » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 02:30:30

No.  There are third-party libraries which support iostreams, such as the
Dinkumware one.  I've used it and it works just as expected.

Paul T.

Quote:> Dear all

> i am a complete newbie in wince.
> Can I use cout and << in embedded C++?

> i did include the stdadx.h but still got error.

> Many thanks.
> Jean

about cout and <<

Post by Pete Becke » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 23:35:21

Quote:

> No.  There are third-party libraries which support iostreams, such as the
> Dinkumware one.  I've used it and it works just as expected.

Well, almost as expected. <g> In our implementation cout writes to a
file named stdout.txt.

--

Pete Becker

about cout and <<

Post by Jean Ma » Mon, 06 Jan 2003 01:35:03

Are there any FREE resources about "using cout in embedded C++" ?

thanks

> > No.  There are third-party libraries which support iostreams, such as
the
> > Dinkumware one.  I've used it and it works just as expected.

> Well, almost as expected. <g> In our implementation cout writes to a
> file named stdout.txt.

> --

> Pete Becker
> Dinkumware, Ltd. (http://www.dinkumware.com)

about cout and <<

Post by Paul G. Tobey [eMVP » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 01:22:51

You'd have to do your own porting.  Scan the old newsgroup messages and see
what you come up with.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=microsoft.public.windowsce

Remember that, even if you don't send cash to someone, it's *not* free;
you'll be using way more of your time and only if your time is valueless is
it free.  I'd just buy the Dinkumware library and, as Peter mentioned,
adjust its handling of cout to print to standard out.

Paul T.

> Are there any FREE resources about "using cout in embedded C++" ?

> thanks

> > > No.  There are third-party libraries which support iostreams, such as
> the
> > > Dinkumware one.  I've used it and it works just as expected.

> > Well, almost as expected. <g> In our implementation cout writes to a
> > file named stdout.txt.

> > --

> > Pete Becker
> > Dinkumware, Ltd. (http://www.dinkumware.com)

about cout and <<

Post by Thomas Pfrengl » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 19:12:36

I agree, after spending two days with STLPort I bought Dinkumware an got in
running in an hour or so

Thomas

> You'd have to do your own porting.  Scan the old newsgroup messages and
see
> what you come up with.

> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=microsoft.public.windowsce

> Remember that, even if you don't send cash to someone, it's *not* free;
> you'll be using way more of your time and only if your time is valueless
is
> it free.  I'd just buy the Dinkumware library and, as Peter mentioned,
> adjust its handling of cout to print to standard out.

> Paul T.

> > Are there any FREE resources about "using cout in embedded C++" ?

> > thanks

> > the

> > > Well, almost as expected. <g> In our implementation cout writes to a
> > > file named stdout.txt.

> > > --

> > > Pete Becker
> > > Dinkumware, Ltd. (http://www.dinkumware.com)

1. <<<<<<<<<< NTBATCH 1.0 RELEASED <<<<<<<<<<<<<

====================
DEDICATED TO ALL ISP
====================

HERE TO ANNOUNCE THE OFFICIAL RELEASE OF NTBATCH 1.0!!!!

IT'S THE FIRST HTTP AND FTP PROTOCOL BATCH SERVICE FOR WINDOWS NT

LET YOU SAVE TIME, BANDWIDTH AND MONEY!

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE GO TO HTTP://WWW.MSOFT.IT/NTBATCH/

2. problem in boot XP after using Linux

3. Help - Making Bootable CD <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

4. Printing a full web page

5. <<ARCADE CDs TO TRADE<<<<<<

6. java error

7. >>> Very weird problem in Win95b!!<<<<<<<

8. I have to "All Users" folders?

9. <><><> SCALA MM200 <><><>

10. wanted: SPEECH RECOGNITION SHAREWARE <<<<<<

11. cout <<LPCSTR CString s

12. <<>> COMPUTER SOFTWARE / HARDWARE <<>>

13. stupid question <<<<?????