IESample web browser

Post by Emlyn Garve » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 19:22:06

Hi,

I'm using the IESample project as the web browser
container for my WinCE3 application. I've already
customised the browser to disable certain features via the
DISPID_AMBIENT_DLCONTROL ambient property. This
successfully allows me to stop things like scripting error
dialogs (via DLCTL_SILENT), execution of ActiveX controls
(via DLCTL_NO_RUNACTIVEXCTLS) etc. However I also need to
disable the following:
- local cache
- download of cookies
- download of files

I've tried making changes to the registry, such as setting
the CacheLimit value to 0 in the following keys:
- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Cache\Content; and
- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Cache\Cookies

Both the above had no affect. Does anybody know how to
achieve what i'm after? Or alternatively which specific
registry settings need to be changed and to what values.
I've tried a number of other registry changes, again with
no affect. Note, the IESample project is based on the IE4
browser controls - perhaps someone with detailed knowledge
of IE4 can advise.

TIA,
Emlyn

1. comparison between iesample browser and Internet Explorer Browser 4.01

I'm looking for a roadmap about a comparison between the
capabilities (xml parser, jscript version, and so on..) of
IESample browser in platform builder 3.0 and the desktop
version of Internet Explorer ver4.01.
Anyone knows where I can find this kind of information?
best regards
Marco

2. Question about Multimedia setup?

3. ATL composite control problem with IESample browser

4. Help: waveOutOpen problem

5. CD Burner Installation on HP-XP

6. Does IESample browser support VBScript?

7. Windows 2000 Final already available !

8. IESample(Browser) font

9. Finding a web browser

10. Disable WMP8 web browser

11. Controlling Web browsers from within Director

12. Captions on web browser without SAMI