PCI Wireless LAN Issue

Post by Joshua Ch » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 12:26:50

Greetings All,

    I am on to my next CE.NET project, which is to develop a x86 PCI based
802.11b network card.  I followed the documentation and sample drivers that
are provided by CE.NET.  However, I still cannot get my driver to be called
by the OS.

   I put both debug messages and INT 3 called in the DriverEntry function,
but they do not get hit.  Are there any special registry settings that need
to be set in order for my driver to get called?  I cannot exactly follow the
Wireless Lan sample driver in CE.NET because it is PCMCIA based.  Further, I
cannot exactly follow the PCI based ethernet drivers because they are not
wireless.  Any ideas would be very helpful.  Thanks.

Joshua

PCI Wireless LAN Issue

Post by Soemin Tjong [MS » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 03:44:21

Joshua,
Take a look at the NE2000 sample driver (which works for both PCMCIA and
PCI) shipped with CE.NET and also its registry entries (in common.reg).
Earlier on I also posted the documetation explaining in details the registry
entries. (search for Subject: Re: NdisReadPciSlotInformation problem on PB
4.1).
-- Soemin ---
Windows CE CoreOS/Networking

Quote:> Greetings All,

>     I am on to my next CE.NET project, which is to develop a x86 PCI based
> 802.11b network card.  I followed the documentation and sample drivers
that
> are provided by CE.NET.  However, I still cannot get my driver to be
called
> by the OS.

>    I put both debug messages and INT 3 called in the DriverEntry function,
> but they do not get hit.  Are there any special registry settings that
need
> to be set in order for my driver to get called?  I cannot exactly follow
the
> Wireless Lan sample driver in CE.NET because it is PCMCIA based.  Further,
> cannot exactly follow the PCI based ethernet drivers because they are not
> wireless.  Any ideas would be very helpful.  Thanks.

> Joshua

1. Xterasys Internal/PCI Wireless LAN NIC

Hi, I am having trouble maintaining a stable internet
connection through the Xterasys Internal/PCI Wireless LAN
NIC card I just bought and installed.  My connection goes
from "Connected" to "Disconnected" all the time! Could
someone please let me know what's wrong?  I don't think
it's the transmission range's problem because i have a
laptop in the same room that connects to the internet
through the same wireless network. Thanks!

2. Saving streaming files to hard drive

3. Wireless Lan PCI card is not recognized until XP is restarted

4. cdrw drive

5. FA: D-Link DWL-500 Wireless LAN 11Mbps adapter (PCI or PCMCIA)

6. Unable to install Media Player 7.1

7. Nextel iM1100 modem and Wireless LAN card issues

8. Memory Leaks!

9. Network connection issues via LAN & wireless

10. USB Wireless LAN "Wireless Connection Unavailable"

11. wireless lan, ICS disconnects but wireless connection stays

12. Internet, Internal Lan, Wireless Lan

13. Using Wireless lan and wire lan on same iPaq