Partitioning External Hard Drive

Post by DL » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 22:42:31

Assuming you mean Disk Management by MS patrtition program, why is it no
help?

Quote:> I  have a 20G external hard drive that I deleted the 2 partitions, now I
> can't get my system to see it and following  Microsofts partition program
is
> of no help.  I could really use some help in using the new FDisk program
on
> XP so I can download files to the drive.

Partitioning External Hard Drive

Post by Jaymo » Tue, 20 Jun 2006 02:11:02

http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/howto/install_xp_disk_mgmt.html
Might help..
j;-j

> I  have a 20G external hard drive that I deleted the 2 partitions, now I
> can't get my system to see it and following  Microsofts partition program is
> of no help.  I could really use some help in using the new FDisk program on
> XP so I can download files to the drive.

1. partition external hard drive

Hello,

I just purchased a Western Digital external hard drive,
80 GB.

It is USB so hooking it up was no problem. I would like
to partition this drive and don't really know how. I have
never partitioned one before. i am running with XP.

Could some one please steer me to a how-to page or, if
it's not that difficult, tell me how.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ken

2. 32 File Access drivers

3. Partitioning External Hard Drives

4. Upgrading to Windows XP

5. < 32 GB partitions only at external hard drive

6. contents of error report sent to microsoft

7. How to remove/resize partitions on external USB Hard Drive?

8. copying CD's

9. Partition a new external hard drive?

10. delete partition on external hard drive

11. external hard drive partition

12. XP has a hard time mounting my external hard drive

13. o hard drive o hard drive where art thou hard drive?