WinXP, multiple user accounts, Outlook, and Outlook Express

WinXP, multiple user accounts, Outlook, and Outlook Express

Post by Neil » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 23:34:41

I tried this too on the Home Edition, but with no luck.
From what I gather, this is a global setting in IE -
changing it for one user changes it for all. If anyone has
figured out a way to do this, I would be very interested.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Help!  I just can't seem to figure it out!

>I am running Windows XP Professional with 2 different
>users.  I want the DEFAULT e-mail client for the
>Administrator (me) to be Outlook AND the DEFAULT e-mail
>client for the Limited User (my wife) to be Outlook
>Express.

>If I try and change it as the Limited user, it always
>asks that stupid question "... Outlook Express is
>currently NOT your default client, would you like to
>change it? ..."  Well, I always answer YES, but continue
>to get the question.

>Basically, it's NOT changing the default type in Limited
>User unless I change it as administrator, but then my e-
>mail client is also Express ... which I don't want.

>Any suggestions?  Help is truly appreciated!

>Regards,
>Brent
>.

WinXP, multiple user accounts, Outlook, and Outlook Express

Post by Jim » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 00:24:15

Wasn't there a lot of pre-sales hype about remembering each users settings?  Maybe that should have been 'some users and some settings'!
-Jim-

  I tried this too on the Home Edition, but with no luck.
  From what I gather, this is a global setting in IE -
  changing it for one user changes it for all. If anyone has
  figured out a way to do this, I would be very interested.

Quote:  >-----Original Message-----
  >Help!  I just can't seem to figure it out!

  >I am running Windows XP Professional with 2 different
  >users.  I want the DEFAULT e-mail client for the
  >Administrator (me) to be Outlook AND the DEFAULT e-mail
  >client for the Limited User (my wife) to be Outlook
  >Express.

  >If I try and change it as the Limited user, it always
  >asks that stupid question "... Outlook Express is
  >currently NOT your default client, would you like to
  >change it? ..."  Well, I always answer YES, but continue
  >to get the question.

  >Basically, it's NOT changing the default type in Limited
  >User unless I change it as administrator, but then my e-
  >mail client is also Express ... which I don't want.

  >Any suggestions?  Help is truly appreciated!

  >Regards,
  >Brent
  >.

WinXP, multiple user accounts, Outlook, and Outlook Express

Post by Ray Berge » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 09:37:08

Try creating a different mail profile for each set of users (in this case,
your wife)
Control Panel/Mail/Show Profiles button/Add
Make sure that once you have created the profiles that you set the "When
Starting Outlook Use this Profile" to always ask

--

Ray Berger

Quote:> Help!  I just can't seem to figure it out!

> I am running Windows XP Professional with 2 different
> users.  I want the DEFAULT e-mail client for the
> Administrator (me) to be Outlook AND the DEFAULT e-mail
> client for the Limited User (my wife) to be Outlook
> Express.

> If I try and change it as the Limited user, it always
> asks that stupid question "... Outlook Express is
> currently NOT your default client, would you like to
> change it? ..."  Well, I always answer YES, but continue
> to get the question.

> Basically, it's NOT changing the default type in Limited
> User unless I change it as administrator, but then my e-
> mail client is also Express ... which I don't want.

> Any suggestions?  Help is truly appreciated!

> Regards,
> Brent

1. Help Outlook and Outlook Express Can't find the LAN for an individual user account

We are running windows xp and office xp on system with a lan.  Everything
works fine for all user accounts except one.  The e-mail accounts are all
setup the same way.  LAN access of a pop-server.  All the users have
administrator priviledges.  Only for one user account, the pop-server cannot
find the network connection in OL02 and OLE, but OLE can access the news
groups.

Any ideas on what to try to do to fix this problem?

Pete

2. Changing OS Language

3. Outlook Express same e-mail account for multiple users HOW ?

4. COM2 driver prevents standby

5. Multiple users and multiple Outlook accounts

6. AutoComplete

7. Win98SE Outlook Express to WinXP Outlook Express

8. Intranet: Does ANYONE OUT THERE know?

9. Moving messages from Outlook Express 4 to Outlook Express 6 or Outlook XP

10. loss of outlook express mail accounts with outlook installation

11. Open Outlook / Outlook Express in WinXP got 30s+ delay before can use program!

12. Waiting to much to load Outlook 2002 & Outlook Express in WinXP

13. Outlook Express Multiple POP3 Accounts