HP CD-RW won't burn(HELP)

Post by Glenn Moldafsk » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 05:52:34

I've got an HP 8200 cd burner. XP recognizes it only as a
reader. According to HP, you have to go to
mthe "properties" of the cd-rw and click on the recording
tab. I have NO recording tab. Is something wrong with my
XP installation and how do I get the "recording" tab back?
I need all of the help that I can get. Thanks and have a
great day.
Glenn Moldafsky

HP CD-RW won't burn(HELP)

Post by Myron J. Mandel » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:14:33

Glenn,

Go to the HP web site and download HP Record Now.
(This is free.)
Even though HP's version of RecordNow (as opposed to the full version)
is not very full-featured, it is better than the CDR support native to XP.

By the way, my HP does show a Recording tab, but last I tried I still could
not
record to it (except by using third-party software).
But, that was before installing the CDR patch that was posted on Windows
Update.

Myron

> I've got an HP 8200 cd burner. XP recognizes it only as a
> reader. According to HP, you have to go to
> mthe "properties" of the cd-rw and click on the recording
> tab. I have NO recording tab. Is something wrong with my
> XP installation and how do I get the "recording" tab back?
> I need all of the help that I can get. Thanks and have a
> great day.
> Glenn Moldafsky

1. Ricoh 5120 DVD+RW/CD-RW won't burn DVD's

Updated DVD firmware from Ricoh. My Computer lists the
drive properly (DVD/CD-RW)UNTIL I put in a blank DVD+RW
disk. Then My Computer lists the drive as a CD. When I
try to burn data files to it Windows complains that the
disc is not a writable CD or its full. Have tried with
and with out CD recording enabled. I do have an internal
HP CD Writer Plus SCSII attached and it works with out
issue. Any thoughts? Thanks...

2. Problems using XING MPEG Player 2

3. cd-rw won't burn cd's

4. Reinstalling OfficeXP (Activation Issues?)

5. DVD -RW and CD -RW won't burn !

6. Cd burner, burns, but shows no plb

7. CD-RW won't work w/blank/burned disk

8. Outlook

9. Cd-RW drive won't open after burning

10. HP RecordNow won't recognise CD-RW drive!

11. Emachines CD-ROM RW/DVD Drive Reading CD's, but NOT Burning Cd's

12. DVD-RW / CD-RW Drive will not write to CDs in native burn mode

13. Can't burn on to cd rw but can to cd-r's