unhandled exception error

Post by Chris Swoye » Wed, 19 Feb 2003 04:51:06

I've been running XP Pro for many months
without problems. But now when I boot up
I get the message:

Unhandled exception c000005

at address 100016b8

AppName: prmonitr.exe

(I can send a screen shot of the description
of the error if that would help.)

The computer mostly still works fine, but

1 Internet Explorer sometimes freezes
(which hadn't happened at all until
recently).

2. My access to the net via the cable
model (cox digital) is very intermittent.

No idea if the error message points
the a problem that causes these two
difficulties.

Thanks for any info or advice,
Chris

unhandled exception error

Post by Rick » Wed, 19 Feb 2003 05:06:10

Hi Chris,

The cause is spyware that you installed when you installed Kazaa, it comes along as an add-on "bonus" (yes, that's a joke). You want to go to the Control Panel/Add &Remove and uninstall any/all of these: Delfin, Pgmonitor, or Promulgate Universe. Removing them will not affect your ability to run Kazaa.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org
Please reply only to newsgroup...

> I've been running XP Pro for many months
> without problems. But now when I boot up
> I get the message:

> Unhandled exception c000005

> at address 100016b8

> AppName: prmonitr.exe

> (I can send a screen shot of the description
> of the error if that would help.)

> The computer mostly still works fine, but

> 1 Internet Explorer sometimes freezes
> (which hadn't happened at all until
> recently).

> 2. My access to the net via the cable
> model (cox digital) is very intermittent.

> No idea if the error message points
> the a problem that causes these two
> difficulties.

> Thanks for any info or advice,
> Chris

unhandled exception error

Post by Chris Swoye » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 01:21:00

Thanks for the suggestion.

What is Kazaa? I don't think I ever installed
it.

Chris

Hi Chris,

The cause is spyware that you installed when you installed Kazaa, it comes
along as an add-on "bonus" (yes, that's a joke). You want to go to the
Control Panel/Add &Remove and uninstall any/all of these: Delfin, Pgmonitor,
or Promulgate Universe. Removing them will not affect your ability to run
Kazaa.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone -
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org
Please reply only to newsgroup...

Quote:> I've been running XP Pro for many months
> without problems. But now when I boot up
> I get the message:

> Unhandled exception c000005

> at address 100016b8

> AppName: prmonitr.exe

> (I can send a screen shot of the description
> of the error if that would help.)

> The computer mostly still works fine, but

> 1 Internet Explorer sometimes freezes
> (which hadn't happened at all until
> recently).

> 2. My access to the net via the cable
> model (cox digital) is very intermittent.

> No idea if the error message points
> the a problem that causes these two
> difficulties.

> Thanks for any info or advice,
> Chris

unhandled exception error

Post by Rick » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:09:38

Hi Chris,

Anyone use this machine besides you?
Have you checked Add & Remove for any of the programs I listed?
Kazaa is a very popular file sharing program, but it has some issues....

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org
Please reply only to newsgroup...

> Thanks for the suggestion.

> What is Kazaa? I don't think I ever installed
> it.

> Chris

> Hi Chris,

> The cause is spyware that you installed when you installed Kazaa, it comes
> along as an add-on "bonus" (yes, that's a joke). You want to go to the
> Control Panel/Add &Remove and uninstall any/all of these: Delfin, Pgmonitor,
> or Promulgate Universe. Removing them will not affect your ability to run
> Kazaa.

> --
> Best of Luck,

> Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone -
> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org
> Please reply only to newsgroup...

> > I've been running XP Pro for many months
> > without problems. But now when I boot up
> > I get the message:

> > Unhandled exception c000005

> > at address 100016b8

> > AppName: prmonitr.exe

> > (I can send a screen shot of the description
> > of the error if that would help.)

> > The computer mostly still works fine, but

> > 1 Internet Explorer sometimes freezes
> > (which hadn't happened at all until
> > recently).

> > 2. My access to the net via the cable
> > model (cox digital) is very intermittent.

> > No idea if the error message points
> > the a problem that causes these two
> > difficulties.

> > Thanks for any info or advice,
> > Chris

1. Unhandled exception error message

reinstall I think there should be another way to fix it.
I didn't see any answers to your query. Did I miss
something? If you have or get an answer please forward to
me,I'll do the same. Thanx

2. cd to hard disk

3. unhandled exception error

4. I need a free 3D bone!

5. Unhandled exception errors

6. Epson 700 wont work

7. Unhandled exception error:

8. maintenance

9. GeForce2 MX unhandled exception error

10. Unhandled Exception Error Messages

11. Unhandled Exception: Error Number 0x80040303

12. Unhandled Exception Errors

13. Software install "Unhandled Exception Error"