Creating a Virtual IIS directory on Win 2000 hosted on XP Pro Client

Creating a Virtual IIS directory on Win 2000 hosted on XP Pro Client

Post by Josh Kalis » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:14:28

Hi,

I have a Win 2000 Server DC and a Win Xp Pro computer connected together.  I
want to have an IIS virtual directory on the W2K box show a directory on the
XP box.

I created a share on the XP Pro box which works fine.  I can view the
directory w/explorer w/o a problem.  I added the directory to IIS w/the same
username that was working fine from the command line (just to browse in
explorer: net use \\xpproclient\sharename /user:xx\xx xxx).

The directory appears with a red stop sign in IIS and it cannot be browsed
via IE from any machine.  w/IIS, I get a login prompt which accepts nothing
that I type in, even though I am entering valid logins/passwords.

In the event log, it shows that  W3SVC claims that it cannot logon with the
username / logon that I supplied.

Any ideas?  Help!

Thanks,

Josh

Creating a Virtual IIS directory on Win 2000 hosted on XP Pro Client

Post by BB » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:33:36

Ensure the 'connect as' user has required permission.
Refer http://support.microsoft.com/?id=269009

Rgds.

Quote:> Hi,