XP Pro doesn't remember Folder views

Post by Robi » Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:02:07

hi all!

windows xp pro doesn't remember seperate folder views...
my default view is 'list' but in My Pictures i want 'thumbnails' and in My
Documents i want 'icons'.

when i apply this it's all ok, but when i reopen the window My Documents and
My Pictures are back to 'list'-view

any fix for this?

thanks!

Post by Robert Ju » Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:54:35

> hi all!

> windows xp pro doesn't remember seperate folder views...
> my default view is 'list' but in My Pictures i want 'thumbnails' and in My
> Documents i want 'icons'.

> when i apply this it's all ok, but when i reopen the window My Documents and
> My Pictures are back to 'list'-view

> any fix for this?

> thanks!

I've got the same irriating problem!!! I'm going to keep looking for a
solution, and if I find one, I'll come back and share it with you.

Bob

Post by Nick Kat » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:49:26

> > hi all!

> > windows xp pro doesn't remember seperate folder views...
> > my default view is 'list' but in My Pictures i want 'thumbnails' and in My
> > Documents i want 'icons'.

> > when i apply this it's all ok, but when i reopen the window My Documents and
> > My Pictures are back to 'list'-view

> > any fix for this?

> > thanks!

> I've got the same irriating problem!!! I'm going to keep looking for a
> solution, and if I find one, I'll come back and share it with you.

> Bob

I'm having the same problem with XP Home Edition. God, it's frustrating.
I couldn't find any reference to it on the MS web site. If anybody knows
a solution, Heeelp.

nick

XP Pro doesn't remember Folder views

Post by Supe » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:46:27

Quote:> > > hi all!

> > > windows xp pro doesn't remember seperate folder views...
> > > my default view is 'list' but in My Pictures i want 'thumbnails' and
in My
> > > Documents i want 'icons'.

> > > when i apply this it's all ok, but when i reopen the window My
Documents and
> > > My Pictures are back to 'list'-view

> > > any fix for this?

> > > thanks!

> > I've got the same irriating problem!!! I'm going to keep looking for a
> > solution, and if I find one, I'll come back and share it with you.

> > Bob

> I'm having the same problem with XP Home Edition. God, it's frustrating.
> I couldn't find any reference to it on the MS web site. If anybody knows
> a solution, Heeelp.

> nick

Same prob here :-(

DL

XP Pro doesn't remember Folder views

Post by ?.·′ˉ`CAAROT′ˉ`·.? » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 19:47:07

Try opening a folder and click on [TOOLS] - [FOLDER OPTIONS].

Click on the 'view' tab.

In the Advanced settings section.... do you have a tick next to 'Remember
each folder's view settings'???

> in My

> Documents and

> > > I've got the same irriating problem!!! I'm going to keep looking for a
> > > solution, and if I find one, I'll come back and share it with you.

> > > Bob

> > I'm having the same problem with XP Home Edition. God, it's frustrating.
> > I couldn't find any reference to it on the MS web site. If anybody knows
> > a solution, Heeelp.

> > nick

> Same prob here :-(

> DL

XP Pro doesn't remember Folder views

Post by Nick Kat » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 22:09:35

It is checked on mine. Doesn't do any good. The folders still change on
their own.

nick

> Try opening a folder and click on [TOOLS] - [FOLDER OPTIONS].

> Click on the 'view' tab.

> In the Advanced settings section.... do you have a tick next to 'Remember
> each folder's view settings'???

> > in My

> > Documents and

> > > I'm having the same problem with XP Home Edition. God, it's frustrating.
> > > I couldn't find any reference to it on the MS web site. If anybody knows
> > > a solution, Heeelp.

> > > nick

> > Same prob here :-(

> > DL