configuate two harddrives, one cd-rom, one dvd-rom in one computer

configuate two harddrives, one cd-rom, one dvd-rom in one computer

Post by ken » Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:50:01

Dear all,
I am new in hardware, i want to install configuate two harddrives, one cd-rom, one dvd-rom in one computer, and my computer have two IDE(IDE0, IDE1), and each IDE have primary , and secondary , how can i connect?
The following is right??
IDE0   Primary         Harddrive A
IDE0   Secondary     CD-Rom
IDE1  Primary        DVD-Rom
IDE1  Secondary         Harddrive B
Can it run?

Moreover,  is it not good for connect CD-Rom and DVD-Rom in one IDE
and Is it necessary one harddrive is primary and one harddrive is secondary?

configuate two harddrives, one cd-rom, one dvd-rom in one computer

Post by John Keithle » Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:27:48

Install hard drives on IDE0 and both cdrom and dvd-rom on IDE1. Hard drive A
should be set as master if it contains your OS and hard drive b should be
set as slave.

Quote:> Dear all,
> I am new in hardware, i want to install configuate two harddrives, one

cd-rom, one dvd-rom in one computer, and my computer have two IDE(IDE0,
IDE1), and each IDE have primary , and secondary , how can i connect?
Quote:> The following is right??
> IDE0   Primary         Harddrive A
> IDE0   Secondary     CD-Rom
> IDE1  Primary        DVD-Rom
> IDE1  Secondary         Harddrive B
> Can it run?

> Moreover,  is it not good for connect CD-Rom and DVD-Rom in one IDE
> and Is it necessary one harddrive is primary and one harddrive is
secondary?

configuate two harddrives, one cd-rom, one dvd-rom in one computer

Post by Yves Lecler » Sat, 12 Jun 2004 03:25:28

This would be the better and recommended way:

IDE0 -- Primary      Hard drive A
IDE0 -- Secondary  Hard drive B

IDE1 -- Primary        DVD-ROM
IDE1 -- Seconary      CD-ROM

Please note the following:

    1) Always use the largest hard drive as Hard drive A

    2) CD-Rom is extra!  DVD-Rom can read CDs.

    3) IDE0 is usually the faster of the two IDE ports.  All hard drives are
recommended to be on this (IDE0) port.

> Install hard drives on IDE0 and both cdrom and dvd-rom on IDE1. Hard drive
> should be set as master if it contains your OS and hard drive b should be
> set as slave.

> > Dear all,
> > I am new in hardware, i want to install configuate two harddrives, one
> cd-rom, one dvd-rom in one computer, and my computer have two IDE(IDE0,
> IDE1), and each IDE have primary , and secondary , how can i connect?
> > The following is right??
> > IDE0   Primary         Harddrive A
> > IDE0   Secondary     CD-Rom
> > IDE1  Primary        DVD-Rom
> > IDE1  Secondary         Harddrive B
> > Can it run?

> > Moreover,  is it not good for connect CD-Rom and DVD-Rom in one IDE
> > and Is it necessary one harddrive is primary and one harddrive is
> secondary?

1. CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives do not recognize CD-ROMs and DVD-Roms

Since approx. 1 week I have an extremely irritating
problem with my 2 CD-ROM drives and my DVD-ROM drive
(under Windows XP Professional), although I did not
(myself) change anything on my PC HW or SW installation.

My drives suddenly recognize (official as well as own-
written) data CD-ROMs and (official) DVD-ROMs only once
and only after they have first read an official audio-CD.

When I unload and load the drives with the same data CD-
ROM or DVD-ROM (that were perfectly accessible before the
unload), they either do not detect the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM
at all, or they recognize them as empty.

When I load an official audio-CD (which is always
correctly recognized and accessible without any problem),
unload it again and replace it with the earlier data CD-
ROM or DVD-ROM, the data CD-ROM is again recognized and
accessible (until the next unload). A DVD-ROM on the
other hand causes my PC to reboot, after which it is also
recognized and accessible (until the next unload).

Can this be due to a recent Windows XP Security update (I
have Windows Update set on automatic) or one or other
security setting in Windows XP that I may accidentally
have set?
Can I undo this?

Michel

2. USB Scanner Problem

3. DVD-ROM Drive appears as CD-ROM Drive in My Computer

4. Slow closing windows

5. Computer won't recognize dvd-rom, calls cd-rom

6. Browsing pages in cache with Internet Explorer 3.0

7. Recording Tab Disappear

8. one computer, two users one of them has surfing problems??

9. How can I share one modem one two computers

10. I can read DVD with my DVD/CD-Rom, but not any CD-ROM

11. CD-Rom / CD-RW / DVD-Rom not reading data on CD's

12. Two NICs in one server - two IPs, one machine name