Internet Connection (Internet Gateway) in Network Connections on XP Pro

Internet Connection (Internet Gateway) in Network Connections on XP Pro

Post by Jim » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:18:54

I also see in Network Connections on XP Pro an Internet Gateway (Internet
Connect)

What is this for.

My setup is My computer connected to Linksys Router/switch combo to Cable
Modem.

Currently no other computers on the router/switch.

Should this be there and what is its function.

Thanks

Internet Connection (Internet Gateway) in Network Connections on XP Pro

Post by Jason Tsan » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:38:28

The Linksys Router is your Internet Gateway.... Since it is somewhat (if not fully) uPnP capable, this is how it reports its presence to other uPnP devices on your network.

--
Jason Tsang - Windows XP MVP - DTS & Associate Expert

Find out about the MS MVP Program -
http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp/

Find out about the Windows XP Expert Zone -
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone