reformatting questions/concerns

Post by Garret » Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:14:17

i have a windows xp 1.8 gig custom computer and i want to
reformatt my hard drive but i have some questions.
First, i tried doing a new install by inserting the*
and then going to advanced or whatever, not the upgrade
install.  This didnt erase the drive, i want to start
fresh, how do i do this.  also, i have 2 hard drives.
The one i want to reformat and reinstall XP on is drive
F:  the other one has all the files i want to save and is
labeled drive C:  i want to install XP on what is
currently drive F: but i want the label to be drive C:
and the other hard drive (with the things i want to save)
to be drive F: (or another letter).  can i do this
without loosing the data on the hard drive i dont want to
erase?  any and all help is apperciated.

reformatting questions/concerns

Post by Rich Barr » Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:25:36

      All you have to do is disconnect the C: Drive.  The four wire Molex
Power Connector is fine. Then using the WinXP CD
      format and install WinXP on Drive F:  This will become the C: drive
after your finished. Make sure you go into the Bios
      and set the Boot Order for Cd-rom Drive as first Device.

Quote:> i have a windows xp 1.8 gig custom computer and i want to
> reformatt my hard drive but i have some questions.
> First, i tried doing a new install by inserting the*
> and then going to advanced or whatever, not the upgrade
> install.  This didnt erase the drive, i want to start
> fresh, how do i do this.  also, i have 2 hard drives.
> The one i want to reformat and reinstall XP on is drive
> F:  the other one has all the files i want to save and is
> labeled drive C:  i want to install XP on what is
> currently drive F: but i want the label to be drive C:
> and the other hard drive (with the things i want to save)
> to be drive F: (or another letter).  can i do this
> without loosing the data on the hard drive i dont want to
> erase?  any and all help is apperciated.

1. reformat questions/concerns

i have a windows xp 1.8 gig custom computer and i want to
reformatt my hard drive but i have some questions.
First, i tried doing a new install by inserting the dick
and then going to advanced or whatever, not the upgrade
install.  This didnt erase the drive, i want to start
fresh, how do i do this.  also, i have 2 hard drives.
The one i want to reformat and reinstall XP on is drive
F:  the other one has all the files i want to save and is
labeled drive C:  i want to install XP on what is
currently drive F: but i want the label to be drive C:
and the other hard drive (with the things i want to save)
to be drive F: (or another letter).  can i do this
without loosing the data on the hard drive i dont want to
erase?  any and all help is apperciated.

2. Help with IE Mail

3. how do i burn CDs?

4. Excel worksheet question concerning cell validation and other questions

5. error reading boot sector

6. Metafile primer updated and a question concerning RFC 3016.

7. Live video through Cam Corder

8. question concerning NCD's Audio Programming Library.

9. 2 questions concerning MediaPlayer ver6.4

10. 2 questions one concerning DVD playbck

11. new question concerning OE

12. question concerning stationery