Backup Utility

Post by Terri Mentze » Sat, 03 May 2003 01:31:28

 I want to backup my hard drive on a regular basis using
the backup utility in Windows XP home edition. It is to
my understanding that this utility is not installed by
default when the operating system is installed. How would
I go about finding the utility on my software disk and
installing it on to my computer?

 Thank you.

Backup Utility

Post by randwulf5 » Sat, 03 May 2003 02:58:05

Terri:
"HOW TO: Install Backup from the CD-ROM in Windows XP Home Edition"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302894
HTH randwulf57

Quote:> I want to backup my hard drive on a regular basis using
> the backup utility in Windows XP home edition. It is to
> my understanding that this utility is not installed by
> default when the operating system is installed. How would
> I go about finding the utility on my software disk and
> installing it on to my computer?

>  Thank you.

1. Backup Mail folders using Backup utilities

Sorry if this has been already discussed.

I need to backup some mail folders in OE6. I read the faq on
Tomsterdam site and it has worked well. I wonder if there is a method
to do the same using the backup utilities included in win98 (I tried
to backup the file .dbx but with no success at the time of the
restore).

Thanks for any advice
Regards
Francesco, Italy

2. XP Licenses

3. Windows XP Backup utility - can't backup to CD

4. ANNOUNCE: Eudora Light 1.5.4b11 now available

5. Backup Utility does not complete backups

6. Picture on Folder

7. Using Backup Utility to a backup to a CD

8. "Writing" - RecordedTV to Added Watch Folders?

9. Where is Backup Wizard or backup utility

10. Backup using XP Backup Utility

11. Backup Utility-Full System backup

12. How can I do scheduled backups using the backup utility in XP Professional

13. Can't retrieve backups using MS Backup utility