Disabling "SytemRestore", does not free disk space.

Disabling "SytemRestore", does not free disk space.

Post by ay.ha » Mon, 04 Feb 2002 10:27:52

 I use GHOST to backup  HD on CD-RW's
 for disaster recovery reason.

    To minimize the number of CD's needed
    i disable SytemRestore  before taking backups.

    But it seems that disabling SystemRestore
    does not have any reducing effect on the
    amount of data  to be backed up.

    Ok. i can always to go  into "System Restore" settings and
    pull  the slide down for each partition before taking backups
    then restore settings back after the backup is complete?
    But i forget to do so when if things are hectic.

 Is it possible to  (hmm..) somehow change the way it works,
 (=setting size to 0 set contents to bin zeroes or null when disabled)

 --
 ay.han
 Remove Z to reply.

1. CD "free space" and "used space"

I have a Windows XP Home Edition machine with a Samsung CD-RW/DVD combo
drive.  When I write files to a CD, the "free space" and used space" fields
in the CD Drive Properties are completely inaccurate.

The "free space" and "used space" fields always add up correctly to the
"capacity" but the "capacity" seems to vary depending on the last file I
wrote.  Sometimes it's 80MB and sometimes it's 400MB.

Has anyone experienced this?

2. new motherboard install xp

3. can not copy "There is not enough free disk space."

4. Fullscreen WM 9 series Player

5. Disabling "System Restore" , does not free disik space.

6. always not enough.....of course resources

7. "To Free Up Disk Space OE Can Compact...."

8. NDIS layered miniport passthru example

9. Manually compact folders but still get "To free up disc space.." message on closing

10. How do I clean "free" disk space in XP?

11. Can't install "error" disk full with 55 gb free space .?

12. Erratic "free disk space"

13. disable "low disk space alarm".