no system restore after SP1

Post by Tom » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:13:04

After I updated my system to SP1 I have no system
restore. It starts to load my restore point then freezes
80% of the way through. I see this was a problem with HP.
I run a Cicero SC6140 2 ghz, 512 ram, GeForce Ti 4200
graphics card. Does any one have any ideas.
Thanx....Tom

no system restore after SP1

Post by <sandiegosilkscr.. » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:58:09

It's sp1 the demon download from microsoft. If you can
get it out of your system let me know how.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>After I updated my system to SP1 I have no system
>restore. It starts to load my restore point then freezes
>80% of the way through. I see this was a problem with
HP.
>I run a Cicero SC6140 2 ghz, 512 ram, GeForce Ti 4200
>graphics card. Does any one have any ideas.
>Thanx....Tom
>.

1. system restore wont start, no system restore tab....

hi,
the other day i wanted to install some drivers and i
thought it would be safe to create a restore point.

and i realised dat i cant get system restore to run.
it'll give me an error saying:
"System Restore is not able to protect your computer.
Please restart your computer and then run System Restore
again."

then i thought maybe it was disabled and i went to System
Properties to enable it and i realised that there isnt a
System Restore tab like it should have been (at least
according to online help)

ive updated my xp to service pack 1

any help??

2. Oracle Lite 9i for WinCE

3. System repair - restore -- HOW TO Start the XP System Restore Tool from a Command Prompt

4. Communications

5. System Restore Did Not Complete - Now System Restore Won't Run

6. Messages at boot

7. DXR FILES

8. System screwed up...System restore won't let me go to previous month to restore.

9. System Restore, Norton System Restore, Norton Personal Firewall

10. System restore will not restore from restore points?

11. system restore will not restore any restore points

12. System Restore fixes in SP1