How to enable direct draw/direct 3d on rage IIC agp graphics cards

How to enable direct draw/direct 3d on rage IIC agp graphics cards

Post by Kyle » Tue, 05 Oct 2004 05:49:04

hi again my bro has anotha problem for some reason his rage IIC AGP Enhanced
graphics card has direct draw and direct 3d disabled. it was enabled b4 and
now it says its not but it can be enabled but it doesnt work. should i just
uninstall direct x then re-install or wat?

How to enable direct draw/direct 3d on rage IIC agp graphics cards

Post by Randy Byrn » Tue, 05 Oct 2004 06:10:41

You could try to reinstall directx again.

Here is the latest 9.0c version:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0a9b6820-bfb...

(may word wrap)

--

Randy Byrne
JAHP

Quote:> hi again my bro has anotha problem for some reason his rage IIC AGP Enhanced
> graphics card has direct draw and direct 3d disabled. it was enabled b4 and
> now it says its not but it can be enabled but it doesnt work. should i just
> uninstall direct x then re-install or wat?

How to enable direct draw/direct 3d on rage IIC agp graphics cards

Post by Bob Knowlde » Tue, 05 Oct 2004 07:41:02

It's possible. However, I believe that it's not simple to uninstall DirectX.
(There are some thrid-party utilities that are supposed to do that, bu I
haven't tried them.)

He might also try to re-install the drivers for the graphics card.

I assume that he's using XP, as you've posted in an XP-related group. ATI
(www.ati.com) recommends the drivers included with XP. (I didn't realize
that a Rage IIc was *that* old.)

He may have to change the drivers to generic VGA ones, and then back to the
Rage ones.

Good luck.

Quote:> hi again my bro has anotha problem for some reason his rage IIC AGP
> Enhanced
> graphics card has direct draw and direct 3d disabled. it was enabled b4
> and
> now it says its not but it can be enabled but it doesnt work. should i
> just
> uninstall direct x then re-install or wat?

How to enable direct draw/direct 3d on rage IIC agp graphics cards

Post by Kyle » Wed, 06 Oct 2004 11:17:02

Thx guys i re-installed directx on his comp and it works perfectly fine ty
very much

> hi again my bro has anotha problem for some reason his rage IIC AGP Enhanced
> graphics card has direct draw and direct 3d disabled. it was enabled b4 and
> now it says its not but it can be enabled but it doesnt work. should i just
> uninstall direct x then re-install or wat?

How to enable direct draw/direct 3d on rage IIC agp graphics cards

Post by Sony Payyappill » Sun, 10 Oct 2004 13:41:10

Sir,
go to -->" Display Properties"--> Settings--> advanced--> Trouble shoot -->
slide "Hardware acceleration" to FULL--> enable "write combining" --> apply,
OK

now install Direct X Again, this will fix your problem, also try  in start
menu --> run command --> "dxdiag.exe" and perform direct x test for agp
acceleration and direct draw.

Regards

Sony Payyappilly

> hi again my bro has anotha problem for some reason his rage IIC AGP Enhanced
> graphics card has direct draw and direct 3d disabled. it was enabled b4 and
> now it says its not but it can be enabled but it doesnt work. should i just
> uninstall direct x then re-install or wat?

1. ATI 3D RAGE IIC AGP

I have an ATI 3D RAGE IIc AGP card in my machine.  I tried to install the
'serene screen' aquarium screen saver, but it doesn't run well.  I checked
for a driver update for XP on the ATI site, but there it says to use the
driver that comes with XP, which I did, and am.  Upgraded the directX to 9
from 8.1. Any ideas?  TIA Paul

---

2. Wrap Icon Titles ??

3. ATI 3D Rage IIC AGP doesn't work with dir x 8.1

4. Startup Sounds

5. ATI 3D Rage IIC + WindowsXP/Home = No 3D!

6. Using fonts across platforms

7. Direct 3D for CE .NET and Oxygen VX1 graphic card

8. Service Pack 1 will not install

9. how can I get the surceface using direct draw funtion in direct show ?

10. direct x/direct draw

11. Direct X / Direct Draw Problem

12. Rage II+, Direct Draw and DirectX

13. DIrect X problem Direct 3D