Error 193

Post by John » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:50:29

When i plug my new hp 120 camera in i get a message that
reads {Windows could not load the installer for Image.
Contact your hardware vendor for assistance.} If i try to
start the windows image acquisition service I get {Could
not start the Windows Image Acquisition {WIA} service on
localComputer.Error 193:0xx1}. Win xp pro on two computer.
Plug the camera in on the other machine it works fine. I
can not fix the frist computer. I would be thankful for
any help.

Error 193

Post by Michael S » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:10:56

Check the HP site for updated drivers for your camera and look for any
information specific to Windows XP and your camera that might also help.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP Windows XP
Microsoft MVP Program:

Quote:> When i plug my new hp 120 camera in i get a message that
> reads {Windows could not load the installer for Image.
> Contact your hardware vendor for assistance.} If i try to
> start the windows image acquisition service I get {Could
> not start the Windows Image Acquisition {WIA} service on
> localComputer.Error 193:0xx1}. Win xp pro on two computer.
> Plug the camera in on the other machine it works fine. I
> can not fix the frist computer. I would be thankful for
> any help.

Error 193

Post by John » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:53:13

I think i found the problem. In computer management on the
view tab show hidden devices imaging devices showes up.
there are three photosmart 120 series cameras showing. It
will not let me uninstall any of them.

Error 193

Post by John » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 04:37:48

I think i found the problem. In computer management on the
view tab show hidden devices imaging devices showes up.
there are three photosmart 120 series cameras showing. It
will not let me uninstall any of them.

Error 193

Post by Michael S » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 07:24:52

I think that's only indicative of the several tries to install.

Have you tried using System Restore to take you back to a time prior to
trying to install the camera, that might remove the entries.  Start\All
Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore.

If you don't have a specific reason to install the camera beyond the ability
to move images from the camera to the computer, you might consider a card
reader.  They are relatively inexpensive, there are quite a few that are
compatible with XP and it might resolve these problems for you.  Just be
sure the reader reads the type of card your camera uses and check to be sure
the reader is compatible with XP:
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/services/whql/hcl/winxphclx86.txt
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/upgrading/compat.asp

Even if it shows on the lists above, you might want to check the card
reader's manufacturer's web site for updated drivers and information about
the specific reader you have in mind before you buy it.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP Windows XP
Microsoft MVP Program:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpawardintro
Associate Expert

> I think i found the problem. In computer management on the
> view tab show hidden devices imaging devices showes up.
> there are three photosmart 120 series cameras showing. It
> will not let me uninstall any of them.

1. Error 1068 and error 193:Oxc

Anyone know what Fast User Switching error 1068 or Terminal Service
error 193:Oxc mean and what the fix for them is?  Have done hours of
searching to try to get my fast user switching working again (and it is
turned on in the control panel user accounts).  Have had this problem
since installing the last two MS security updates.

2. Serial communication with Procomm Plus 2.0 and DDE

3. Fatal error Code 2 / Error 193 (C1) - Help!

4. Get height of CToolbar/StatusBar in MSVC 1.5x

5. HLP: Netscape Server Error 193

6. Is there a RD test site somewhere?

7. > Error 0193 Not a valid NT Application!!!

8. visual media

9. Fatal Error Code 2 / Loadlibrary Error Code 193 (C1)

10. DSL Error message 193

11. Statically Importing Functions in an EXE to a DLL. LoadLibrary fails with error 193.

12. Favorites - Less than 193 but 'Sort by name' doesn't work

13. Less than 193 Favorites