Removing "scheduled" tasks

Post by Karl Keyt » Wed, 01 May 2002 19:10:58

I'm trying to use disk-defragmenter on my D: drive. However, when I try to
start Analyse or Defragment, it tells me that I have CHKDSK scheduled to run
and that I should run CHKDSK /F. I've done that and it reports errors
without being able to fix them. I've even re-booted, but it still thinks I
have CHKDSK scheduled to run. It's certainly not in the system task schedule
list, so I don't know where it's coming from.

Can anyone suggest how I can get rid of this pseudo scheduling of CHKDSK so
that I can run the defragmenter?

Thanks,

Karl

1. Play function in "Music Tasks" and "Video Tasks"

In the My Music and My Videos folders, the Play functionality in the
left-hand side pane in the Explorer window  is no longer working.  I can use
other functions like moving/copying files, making new directories, etc., but
I can't invoke the Media Player.  If I right click on a particular file, I
can select Play or by double clicking, of course.  How can I restore this
functionality to the Explorer windows?

Thanks,

JLH

2. distortion in display

3. No "Change/Remove" button on "Add/Remove Software"

4. browsers

5. "Change/Remove" button does not display in "Add/Remove" Programs

6. XP Pro constantly CRASHING

7. using NT "at" command for rasdial scheduling - how do you say "now"?

8. IRQ Assignments in W2K (Is this right?)

9. |||||"""" How do I lock a CDROM """"|||||

10. IE4's "Scheduled Tasks" network folder

11. What went wrong, Scheduled Task - "Could not be started"

12. "scheduled tasks"

13. Need to disable password requirement for the "Scheduled Tasks" program