Transparent desktop icon text, without shadow in Win XP???

Transparent desktop icon text, without shadow in Win XP???

Post by Phillipe Tana » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 12:40:27

Hey all!

I notice that if I enable shadows on my desktop icon text, the
background becomes transparent and the text becomes white.
Unfortunately this doesn't look so good on my current desktop. If I
disable the shadow, then the background becomes solid and the text
becomes a contrasting colour to my background colour choice (even if
the background colour is replaced with an image.)

Is there a way to keep the icon text background transparent without
the shadows or reverting to white only text?

Post by mrte » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 12:47:54

Windows FX from www.stardock.com HTH.

--
Just my 2 worth
          Jeff
| Hey all!
|
| I notice that if I enable shadows on my desktop icon text, the
| background becomes transparent and the text becomes white.
| Unfortunately this doesn't look so good on my current desktop. If I
| disable the shadow, then the background becomes solid and the text
| becomes a contrasting colour to my background colour choice (even if
| the background colour is replaced with an image.)
|
| Is there a way to keep the icon text background transparent without
| the shadows or reverting to white only text?

---