usb ms intellimouse ex3.0

Post by paul » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 05:44:03

i have xp pro and been using the USB explorer 3.0 mouse
for a while and recently reformatted my main drive to
clean it up .Imnow for ever pulling the mouse plug out
and pushing it back in as it keeps powering off some
times it fixes with a repair job that might last 2 hours
then go`s again any ideas

usb ms intellimouse ex3.0

Post by Alvin A Brow » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 05:46:56

Hello

can you explain your issue again

Alvin

> i have xp pro and been using the USB explorer 3.0 mouse
> for a while and recently reformatted my main drive to
> clean it up .Imnow for ever pulling the mouse plug out
> and pushing it back in as it keeps powering off some
> times it fixes with a repair job that might last 2 hours
> then go`s again any ideas

usb ms intellimouse ex3.0

Post by Jim Mackli » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 06:28:57

download the 4.1 software from MS

| i have xp pro and been using the USB explorer 3.0 mouse
| for a while and recently reformatted my main drive to
| clean it up .Imnow for ever pulling the mouse plug out
| and pushing it back in as it keeps powering off some
| times it fixes with a repair job that might last 2 hours
| then go`s again any ideas

usb ms intellimouse ex3.0

Post by grahamilto » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:25:19

My one does the same, very rarely though. have look at this; havnt been able
to fix my one, tapping my mouse * a hard surface can normally stop my
mouse from working. but you may have better luck

http://www.veryComputer.com/
e/faq/default.asp

there few things in there that might be of use

heard from some where that Microsoft were offering free replacements on a
certian model, cant remember which one, something to do with the cable i
think it was. the wire in the cable would break where the cable come out of
the mouse. did find something on the microsoft site, did go into detail,
just offering replacements for mouses that would stop working [even for ones
past there warrenty, but only a year after it expired, i think] . But only
for USA customers.

Quote:> i have xp pro and been using the USB explorer 3.0 mouse
> for a while and recently reformatted my main drive to
> clean it up .Imnow for ever pulling the mouse plug out
> and pushing it back in as it keeps powering off some
> times it fixes with a repair job that might last 2 hours
> then go`s again any ideas

usb ms intellimouse ex3.0

Post by Skrattand » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 15:46:11

Contact your local Microsoft office and as long as the
mouse is less than 3 years old they will replace it free
of charge..

Andy

1. MS USB IntelliMouse & XP

Sometimes, when booting my PC, the USB IntelliMouse is  not recognised by
the system.  However, if I disconnect it and re-connect it, the system tells
me that it has found new hardware and installs drivers for it.  This doesn't
happen all the time and why would it have to install drivers, when they are
already there?

Can anyone shed any light on this / provide me with any information as to
how to prevent it in the future?

TIA

Duncs

--
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and
the pessimist fears this is true."

2. peer to peer with ethernet

3. MS intellimouse USB

4. Philips PSC702 &Toshiba MEA110 MP3 player

5. MS IntelliMouse Explorer USB dies after I Installed XP

6. PLEASE HELP: ==> My big strange problem in Win98 <== Thanks

7. MS USB Intellimouse Optical

8. HTTP POST using WinInet

9. MS Intellimouse USB

10. MS Intellimouse Explorer 4.0 & MS Intellipoint v5.0 - scrolling in Applications?

11. MS USB Disk Pro USB Device driver?

12. MS Wireless Intellimouse Explorer

13. Max Payne USB Intellimouse Explorer Problem