how the HECK do i stop outlook from blocking "unsafe attachments"??

how the HECK do i stop outlook from blocking "unsafe attachments"??

Post by John » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 06:28:20

i can't even send .exe files to and from my computers because of this damn
thing. i've searched all over the options and still nothing! any help at
all???

-john

how the HECK do i stop outlook from blocking "unsafe attachments"??

Post by John » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 06:35:23

i should mention i'm using outlook 2002 from office XP. thanks

Quote:> i can't even send .exe files to and from my computers because of this damn
> thing. i've searched all over the options and still nothing! any help at
> all???

> -john

how the HECK do i stop outlook from blocking "unsafe attachments"??

Post by Mark Deg » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 06:45:05

There is a third party fix for this which adds a security tab to the options
screen. Can anyone remember where it lives, I can't remember the site I had
it from during the beta.

Deggy

Quote:> i can't even send .exe files to and from my computers because of this damn
> thing. i've searched all over the options and still nothing! any help at
> all???

> -john

how the HECK do i stop outlook from blocking "unsafe attachments"??

Post by Mark Deg » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 07:03:52

Found the fix http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm

Deggy

Quote:> i can't even send .exe files to and from my computers because of this damn
> thing. i've searched all over the options and still nothing! any help at
> all???

> -john

how the HECK do i stop outlook from blocking "unsafe attachments"??

Post by kilo » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 07:32:58

rename the file program.exe.john

as far as i know john hasn't been declared an unsafe
attachment extentions yet

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>i can't even send .exe files to and from my computers

how the HECK do i stop outlook from blocking "unsafe attachments"??

Post by Sam Morri » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 18:43:24

Don't forget to write to Microsoft to tell them that their stopgap security
measures are inadequate!

--
/* Sam Morris */

> Found the fix http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm

> Deggy

> > i can't even send .exe files to and from my computers because of this
damn
> > thing. i've searched all over the options and still nothing! any help at
> > all???

> > -john

1. "OE" removed access to "unsafe" attachments

Please let me know how to get around some important
attachments sent to me via e mails.  I am concerned about
reliable sources that are sending attachments.  The "OE"
continues to remove these attachments.

I would apprecate some help so that I can continue to
receive important messages.  Is there a way to go around
this "OE"?   Best regards, Jerry.

2. sound issues

3. IE's "Link by Email" and "potentially unsafe attachments"

4. Server Error

5. "OE has removed "unsafe" attachments"...

6. User Interface Request

7. Blocking "Unsafe" Attachments

8. IBM Sold Record Numbers Of OS/2 Warp At End Of 1995

9. All Attachments in Outlook Express show deleted as "unsafe".

10. Outlook Express "removing unsafe attachments"

11. Outlook Express is removing "unsafe attachments"

12. Viewing removed Access to "unsafe " attachments

13. "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mai"l