OE keeps stealing focus

Post by Darre » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 06:53:37

I've set up OE to check for new email every 1 minute, however I'm having a
bit of a problem with the main OE window stealing focus!

If I leave OE in the background, every 1 minute, it will steal focus from
whatever I'm doing, and force me to click back into the application I was
working in.

Does anyone else have this same problem?  Know of a fix?

Thanks,

darren

p.s. I'm running Windows XP if it makes any difference.

OE keeps stealing focus

Post by Ron Reddon INVALID EMAI » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:07:32

What happens if you minimize OE via the minimize button? Does it still steal
focus away from your other app.?

Quote:> I've set up OE to check for new email every 1 minute, however I'm having a

Post by Mark or Travi » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:54:56

Quote:> I've set up OE to check for new email every 1 minute, however I'm
having a
> bit of a problem with the main OE window stealing focus!

> If I leave OE in the background, every 1 minute, it will steal focus
from
> whatever I'm doing, and force me to click back into the application
I was
> working in.

If you are losing focus maybe you monitor is on the fritz.  ;-)

OE keeps stealing focus

Post by Darre » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 21:17:26

Quote:> > I've set up OE to check for new email every 1 minute, however I'm having
> > bit of a problem with the main OE window stealing focus!

> > If I leave OE in the background, every 1 minute, it will steal focus
from
> > whatever I'm doing, and force me to click back into the application I
was
> > working in.

> > Does anyone else have this same problem?  Know of a fix?

> > Thanks,

> > darren

> > p.s. I'm running Windows XP if it makes any difference.
> What happens if you minimize OE via the minimize button? Does it still
steal
> focus away from your other app.?

Fraid so.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

darren

OE keeps stealing focus

Post by Steve R » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:14:20

Darren, I just tonight fixed the identical problem. It's very frustrating
to be typing and email and OE's main window pops to the top and I lose a
few keystrokes.
If you have TweakUI, on the General tab there's an option to "Prevent
applications from stealing focus". Check that box. Below that there's a
couple of options to have the app's button flash in the taskbar instead, if
you want.

Luck,
steve

Quote:> I've set up OE to check for new email every 1 minute, however I'm having
> bit of a problem with the main OE window stealing focus!

> If I leave OE in the background, every 1 minute, it will steal focus from
> whatever I'm doing, and force me to click back into the application I was
> working in.

> Does anyone else have this same problem?  Know of a fix?

> Thanks,

> darren

> p.s. I'm running Windows XP if it makes any difference.

OE keeps stealing focus

Post by Darre » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:56:49

Quote:> Darren, I just tonight fixed the identical problem. It's very frustrating
> to be typing and email and OE's main window pops to the top and I lose a
> few keystrokes.
> If you have TweakUI, on the General tab there's an option to "Prevent
> applications from stealing focus". Check that box. Below that there's a
> couple of options to have the app's button flash in the taskbar instead,
if
> you want.

It's set as standard, and hasn't helped. :o(

Thanks anyway.

darren

OE keeps stealing focus

Post by womba » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 23:12:05

Quote:> If you have TweakUI, on the General tab there's an option to "Prevent
> applications from stealing focus".

My version of TweakUI doesn't have any such setting on the general tab...
where can I get the version that does?

OE keeps stealing focus

Post by Frank Saunders MS-MVP, IE/O » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 00:46:22

What version do you have?

If it's TweakUI XP, go to General\Focus.

If you are not using WinXP get version 1.33 here:
http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking...
kUI.asp
or
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/guide/tweakui.exe

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP. IE/OE
Please Reply in newsgroup.  I don't read unsolicited email.

> > If you have TweakUI, on the General tab there's an option to "Prevent
> > applications from stealing focus".

> My version of TweakUI doesn't have any such setting on the general tab...
> where can I get the version that does?

OE keeps stealing focus

Post by womba » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 02:53:24

Quote:> What version do you have?

Don't know which version I had, but it was different than the 1.33 I just
installed.

Thanks.

OE keeps stealing focus

Post by Steve R » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:50:11

It's version 1.33. It's available at
http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking...
akUI.asp
Although the url mentions NT, the site says it's for 95/98/2000/NT/ME.

steve

> > If you have TweakUI, on the General tab there's an option to "Prevent
> > applications from stealing focus".

> My version of TweakUI doesn't have any such setting on the general tab...
> where can I get the version that does?

OE keeps stealing focus

Post by womba » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 23:13:46

Quote:> It's version 1.33. It's available at

http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking...

Quote:> akUI.asp
> Although the url mentions NT, the site says it's for 95/98/2000/NT/ME.

I've set the option but can't tell the difference - everything is still
fighting over the focus.

OE keeps stealing focus

Post by Steve R » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 00:31:03

I thought that fixed it but, you're correct, it didn't fix it. I'm doing
some registry searches as I write this to see if I can find a setting for
this. Meanwhile, maybe someone knows how to fix this?
thanks.
steve r

> > It's version 1.33. It's available at

http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking...
Quote:> > akUI.asp
> > Although the url mentions NT, the site says it's for 95/98/2000/NT/ME.

> I've set the option but can't tell the difference - everything is still
> fighting over the focus.

1. OE keeps stealing focus

I've set up OE to check for new email every 1 minute, however I'm having a
bit of a problem with the main OE window stealing focus!

If I leave OE in the background, every 1 minute, it will steal focus from
whatever I'm doing, and force me to click back into the application I was
working in.

Does anyone else have this same problem?  Know of a fix?

Thanks,

darren

p.s. I'm running Windows XP if it makes any difference.

2. outlook buffer overflow leak !!!!

3. XP-window focus - Stolen = stolen computer .

4. form header

5. ie keeps stealing focus

6. Little-Bitty Dialogue Window on Windows Updates Site Too Little-Bitty

7. Application keep stealing focus

8. reading and writing .zip

9. "Prevent Apps from Stealing Focus" keeps being reset

10. MediaPlayer control hosted in regular window steals focus!

11. Pages Stealing Focus

12. Stealing Focus

13. IE 6 steals focus