B-17: the Mighty eight. Problems?

Post by Fred Grabar » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 05:35:49

Hey,
I just got B-17, and the game flat out will not run.  It installs fine, but
then it gives me the "send error report" message.  Anyone get this game to
work?  Anyone else encountering this problem?

850 Athlon
Abit KT7 kt133
576 MB PC 133
Gainward GeForce2 Pro (golden sample)
SB Live!
Maxtor Diamond Max ATA66
MS sidewinder Force Feedback Pro
LinkSys 10/100 NIC

Everything is up to date, and I have gotten every patch possible.  I do not
have virus software on this machine, and I have a ton of fans, so cooling is
not an issue.
If anyone else has this problem, let's see if we can find a common cause.
If you got it to work, and you had to do something special, please let us(or
me) know.
If, however, the game runs just fine, and you want all the world to know how
great you are because of it, please don't waste my time and add to my
frustration with a "It runs great on my system" post.  Those posts do not
contain any useful information, and it only serves to trivialize any real
concerns.  I apologize for sounding harsh, but I'm looking for help here.

Phred

B-17: the Mighty eight. Problems?

Post by Marshall Heartle » Sun, 17 Mar 2002 03:24:59

Hey,,, I got it to work after alot of fustration.  Here
is what I did in order to get it going.  There are 2 ways
that you can do it.  The easy way and the registry way.
The easy way is to uninstall it and then reinstall it.
But on the reinstall, DO NOT PUT IN THE DRIVERS FOR A3D!
After finishing up, you should be able to run it without
trouble.  If you still have issues, then run in a
compatability mode.  I had issues with it too and I found
by experimentation that this method works for me.  Now if
you like to hack the registry then fire up the registry
editor and search for B17.  Once it finds the b17 key
drill down in that key and you can edit the preferences
there.  Hope that this helps you.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hey,
>I just got B-17, and the game flat out will not run.  It
installs fine, but
>then it gives me the "send error report" message.

Anyone get this game to
Quote:>work?  Anyone else encountering this problem?

>850 Athlon
>Abit KT7 kt133
>576 MB PC 133
>Gainward GeForce2 Pro (golden sample)
>SB Live!
>Maxtor Diamond Max ATA66
>MS sidewinder Force Feedback Pro
>LinkSys 10/100 NIC

>Everything is up to date, and I have gotten every patch
possible.  I do not
>have virus software on this machine, and I have a ton of
fans, so cooling is
>not an issue.
>If anyone else has this problem, let's see if we can

find a common cause.
Quote:>If you got it to work, and you had to do something

special, please let us(or
Quote:>me) know.
>If, however, the game runs just fine, and you want all

the world to know how
Quote:>great you are because of it, please don't waste my time
and add to my
>frustration with a "It runs great on my system" post.
Those posts do not
>contain any useful information, and it only serves to
trivialize any real
>concerns.  I apologize for sounding harsh, but I'm

looking for help here.

Quote:

>Thank you for your time and consideration.

>Phred

>.

B-17: the Mighty eight. Problems?

Post by ringos_tar_200 » Mon, 18 Mar 2002 22:22:46

Hey

Thanks for that, I gave it up for dead.

Quote:> Hey,,, I got it to work after alot of fustration.  Here
> is what I did in order to get it going.  There are 2 ways
> that you can do it.  The easy way and the registry way.
> The easy way is to uninstall it and then reinstall it.
> But on the reinstall, DO NOT PUT IN THE DRIVERS FOR A3D!
> After finishing up, you should be able to run it without
> trouble.  If you still have issues, then run in a
> compatability mode.  I had issues with it too and I found
> by experimentation that this method works for me.  Now if
> you like to hack the registry then fire up the registry
> editor and search for B17.  Once it finds the b17 key
> drill down in that key and you can edit the preferences
> there.  Hope that this helps you.

1. Can't get B-17 Bomber to run

Hi Danny,
    We will need more information in order to help you adequately.  What
errors do you get when you try running this game?  What type of hardware are
you running it on?

    Could you send in your dxdiag information by going to start > run > and
typing "dxdiag"   then run tests at each tab?  Save the information at the
bottom of the user interface and post it here.   This should give us enough
to get started.

    By the way, have you visited the Windows update page for XP?   This
often has updates that may fix your problems.

    Thanks Dan!
--
Stephen Keen [MS]

2. Urgent Help Requested - Problem Re-instaling Apache 1.3.27

3. Microprose B-17

4. Best sound board for NT Server 4.0?

5. B17 Mighty Eight

6. CD Won't Quit

7. Why is 17/7/2 (7/17 for American's) showin as the last post?

8. Where to find setprfdc.exe?

9. Nero 5.5.9.17 burning problem

10. Problem booting from floppy on sony sr-17 notebook

11. (17/F/FL) RATE ME!

12. PPC 8500 with 17" AV monitor 4 Sale

13. Mac 17" display and video capture.