temp. folder

Post by Mike » Tue, 27 May 2003 17:27:19

Could someone tell me the directory path for the location of the temporary
files/folder....i.e where the windows updates put the exe. files after
downloading the updates.
        Thanks and keep up the good work.

temp. folder

Post by HentaiPockyStic » Tue, 27 May 2003 21:20:18

These are the only two temp locations I can think of, besides other ppl's
login folders.

Should be at:
C:\Documents and Settings\replace this with your login name\local settings
*you must be admin to edit other login information, also works w/other login
name*
-and-
C:\WINDOWS\Temp

Also the local settings folder is always hidden, so if you open up a folder,
do this to make visible:
1: Click tools
2: Folder Options
3: Click "View" tab
4: Under the heading: "Hidden Files and Folders" next to the folder icon,
select: "show hidden files and folders", you can also hide them again when
you are done.

Quote:> Could someone tell me the directory path for the location of the temporary

Post by Alex Nicho » Wed, 28 May 2003 15:15:38

>Could someone tell me the directory path for the location of the temporary
>files/folder....i.e where the windows updates put the exe. files after
>downloading the updates.

Go to Control Panel - Internet Options, in the middle of he front page
click Settings, and that will tell you where it is, and allow you to
move it if you want (eg to a different disk).  Each person has a
personal folder, so it is normally in his/her part of Documents and
Settings

--
Alex Nichol MS MVP (Windows - File Systems)

1. Deleting "Temp" files in "Documents and Settings" folder

In doing a disk cleanup activity I found several large folders and files in
a temp folder in the XP directory named "C:\Document and Settings\xxxxx(My
Name)\ Local Settings\Temp".  They appear to be something connected with
programs I have installed sometime ago, but for some reason were not deleted
as most temp. files are. System cleanup doesn't touch them either. Are they
safe to delete or am I asking for trouble.

2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error ,Please Help???

3. Cached files in intenet temp. folder invisible

4. Casio EM500 to Nokia 8210 via Infra red for Email & Web ???

5. Are these temp (?) folders safe to delete ?

6. US-IL-Chicago C++ MFC Developers - Great Jobs

7. Temp and Temp I'net Folders and Files

8. .exe files with stacks

9. Is it safe to manually delete all files from the Temp. folder?

10. Can I delete folders in user Temp Folder?

11. MOVE Desktop folder and Temp folder - How to move?

12. No "content.ie5" folder under %user%/TEMP folder

13. TEMP Folder in WINDOWS folder