Is There a Command Line Windows Version of the Unix "Kill"

Is There a Command Line Windows Version of the Unix "Kill"

Post by mcl » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 12:51:25

I was wondering if it were possible to use the task manager (of maybe some
other unpublisized program) like the unix kill command in a command line
function.

Is There a Command Line Windows Version of the Unix "Kill"

Post by Kell » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 15:36:16

Hi,

Start/Run/CMD/taskkill /?

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP-Shell/User [AE-Windows? XP]
Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Quote:> I was wondering if it were possible to use the task manager (of maybe some

Post by MV » Fri, 04 Apr 2003 11:07:35

> > I was wondering if it were possible to use the task manager (of maybe some
> > other unpublisized program) like the unix kill command in a command line
> > function.

> Start/Run/CMD/taskkill /?

Hi

Note that taskkill.exe is not available in WinXP Home. The command line utility
PsKill.exe in the free PsTools suite at http://www.sysinternals.com/ is an
alternative.

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page

Is There a Command Line Windows Version of the Unix "Kill"

Post by Kell » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 15:55:25

Thanks, Torgeir.  I didn't see where he noted Home.  Will add it to my
notes.  :o)