Windows Explorer Continuously Crashing on viewing images

Windows Explorer Continuously Crashing on viewing images

Post by Damo » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 07:35:44

Getting the following error every time viewing images
folder. It happens in every programme using the file
selection window. Any suggestions what I can do?

Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2600.0,
faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.0, fault
address 0x00017f26.

Windows Explorer Continuously Crashing on viewing images

Post by Ben » Mon, 22 Jul 2002 00:11:19

I get the same problem: it started after I put 50+ images
in the folder and selected thumbnail view, I believe. If I
find a fix, I'll post it here,

Ben.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Getting the following error every time viewing images
>folder. It happens in every programme using the file
>selection window. Any suggestions what I can do?

>Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2600.0,
>faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.0, fault
>address 0x00017f26.
>.

Windows Explorer Continuously Crashing on viewing images

Post by Ben » Mon, 22 Jul 2002 00:31:39

This worked for me: Browse the folder above images
(usually my docs) and right click>copy the images folder.
Paste it on the desktop, go back to my docs and delete
images folder, the copy it back from the desktop, mine
works fine now. mail me and let me know if this worked for
you please.

Ben.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Getting the following error every time viewing images
>folder. It happens in every programme using the file
>selection window. Any suggestions what I can do?

>Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2600.0,
>faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.0, fault
>address 0x00017f26.
>.

Windows Explorer Continuously Crashing on viewing images

Post by J.D. » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 10:22:56

I'm having this same problem and it doesn't matter where
the folder is located. It is driving me crazy. Sometimes I
can open the folder containing the images but most of the
time I get the same error listed below and get kicked out.
Has anyone found another fix for this yet?

Thanks,

J.D.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>This worked for me: Browse the folder above images
>(usually my docs) and right click>copy the images folder.
>Paste it on the desktop, go back to my docs and delete
>images folder, the copy it back from the desktop, mine
>works fine now. mail me and let me know if this worked
for
>you please.

>Ben.

Post by Michael S » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 10:38:30

Have you checked the manufacturer's web site for updated drivers for your
graphics card?

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP Windows XP
Microsoft MVP Program:

Quote:> I'm having this same problem and it doesn't matter where
> the folder is located. It is driving me crazy. Sometimes I
> can open the folder containing the images but most of the
> time I get the same error listed below and get kicked out.
> Has anyone found another fix for this yet?

> Thanks,

> J.D.

1. Windows explorer crashing when viewing images

Is anyone else experiencing problems with Windows XP
crashing whenever you try to access image files within a
folder. It crashes whether I'm using Windows explorer to
access the image or Photoshop or PowerPoint 2002. And it's
not consistent. Sometimes I can access the folder allright
but most of the time I can't. It also affects many folders
not just one. They all have one thing in common though,
image files.

Here's the error message I'm getting:

Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2600.0,

Anyone have any ideas?

J.D.

2. Media Player 7.1 Doesn't Respond

3. Job Announcement

4. Explorer crashes when viewing jpg images in My Documents folder

5. media player

6. Explorer crashes when viewing folders with images...

7. Several problems with XP

8. When Internet Explorer 5.5 crashes, it crashes Windows Explorer too!

9. Windows Explorer Crashes When JPEG Image Folder Opened

10. Windows Explorer crashing while viewing within My Pictures

11. Windows Explorer crashes in thumbnails view.

12. Windows NT Explorer crashes when trying to view the \WINNT\FONTS directory