lsass.exe error after system32/config/system error

lsass.exe error after system32/config/system error

Post by Christian Ambac » Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:04:27

Hi folks!

My girlfriends laptop stopped booting Win XP yesterday with the
"system32/config/system" not loadable error.

I then followed the instructions from Q306084 ( Last known state),
didn't help.

Then I tried (can't find the Q number ATM):
After you log on to the Recovery Console tool, type the following
commands:
cd system32\config
ren system system.old
ren system.alt systemalt.old
After you type the commands, copy the backup of the System hive from
either the %SystemRoot%\Repair folder or the
%SystemRoot%\Repair\Regback folder if you run the Emergency Repair
Disk Wizard from Windows Backup and Recovery tools.

I took it from the repair folder.

After that the system didn't come back, instead it presented me the
error from Q316134: (I did expect something different)

"When trying to update a password the return status indicates that the
value provided as the current password is not correct."

:(
I then tried to start the Recovery Console off the CD, now I got Q308402.
It's getting really hard now to keep track of the Q numbers.

I tried nothing as adminpassword and tabs as it was suggested in some
posts I found in deja :(

Ok, then I tried :
I downloaded the file, I booted from the generated disks, tried to login
in to the recovery console, and guess...... still it doesn't work :-X

It seems the manufacturer of the notebook used sysprep... and now I'm
stuck...

So I tried to perform a repair install.. it copies its files and still
stops with that lsass.exe error as mentioned above.

So in the end: nothing repaired, system still doesn't work:(

The biggest problem is: My girlfriend studies in London, England ATM and
I am sitting here in Germany.... she isn't very keen on computers, we
did all this over phone.

Does any of you have an idea what I/we could do anymore?

Sure we could use the recovery but then she will lose her data, it
should be the last approach to go.

Thx in advance for help, this problem cost me about 10h yet (including
intensive searchs in deja and google) It seems there are more people
with that problem, but there haven't been final answers in the threads :-(

Post by BG » Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:16:07

> Hi folks!

> My girlfriends laptop stopped booting Win XP yesterday with the
> "system32/config/system" not loadable error.

> I then followed the instructions from Q306084 ( Last known state),
> didn't help.

> Then I tried (can't find the Q number ATM):
> After you log on to the Recovery Console tool, type the following
> commands:
> cd system32\config
> ren system system.old
> ren system.alt systemalt.old
> After you type the commands, copy the backup of the System hive from
> either the %SystemRoot%\Repair folder or the
> %SystemRoot%\Repair\Regback folder if you run the Emergency Repair
> Disk Wizard from Windows Backup and Recovery tools.

> I took it from the repair folder.

> After that the system didn't come back, instead it presented me the
> error from Q316134: (I did expect something different)

> "When trying to update a password the return status indicates that the
> value provided as the current password is not correct."

> :(
> I then tried to start the Recovery Console off the CD, now I got Q308402.
> It's getting really hard now to keep track of the Q numbers.

> I tried nothing as adminpassword and tabs as it was suggested in some
> posts I found in deja :(

> Ok, then I tried :
> I downloaded the file, I booted from the generated disks, tried to login
> in to the recovery console, and guess...... still it doesn't work :-X

> It seems the manufacturer of the notebook used sysprep... and now I'm
> stuck...

> So I tried to perform a repair install.. it copies its files and still
> stops with that lsass.exe error as mentioned above.

> So in the end: nothing repaired, system still doesn't work:(

> The biggest problem is: My girlfriend studies in London, England ATM and
> I am sitting here in Germany.... she isn't very keen on computers, we
> did all this over phone.

> Does any of you have an idea what I/we could do anymore?

> Sure we could use the recovery but then she will lose her data, it
> should be the last approach to go.

> Thx in advance for help, this problem cost me about 10h yet (including
> intensive searchs in deja and google) It seems there are more people
> with that problem, but there haven't been final answers in the threads :-(

Same thing happened to me.  Reload.  Don't you love progress ;-)

P.S. If you figure out a way to access to the HD to get the data off,
please post the details.

1. Boot Error " lsass.exe system error"

Dear all

Can anyone of you help to fix the problem...

when i boot the latop (hp omnibook 6200) with windows xp
professional OS iam getting a error message box just
before the blue colour background screen with " windows
starting up comes up". the error message is as follow

lsass.exe system error

An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function.

please help ; VERY URGENT !!!

Thanks & regards

2. Multiple-Column Listbox HELP!!

3. lsass.exe system error following system restore

4. Number of messages

5. lsass.exe - system error

6. Help! IE 6 reinstall??

7. lsass.exe- system error message

8. Outlook Express DBX File Size, Help!!

9. lsass.exe system error

10. LSASS.EXE system error and install problems

11. Lsass.exe system error

12. lsass.exe System Error with SP1

13. lsass.exe System Error