Windows XP Start up Items

Post by Donnel » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 04:20:17

When I go into MSCONFIG through RUN.  Under startup it
lists the programs. Some of them I know I do not want but
some files I have no idea what they are and if they are
needed.  How do I tell the difference?

My major concern is there are two items that are just
little boxes under name and under command.

Location of the first two is
Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version

I unchecked them but when I restarted the computer there
was two more, however, location now read as follows:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version

Has anyone ever seen this before?  Can anyone tell me
what files I are necessary.

Thank you

Donnell

Windows XP Start up Items

Post by Chri » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:23:49

I would get the latest definantions for your Virus Scanner and do a full
system scan and make sure there is nothing on your PC.

Chris.

Quote:> When I go into MSCONFIG through RUN.  Under startup it