will restore lose my critical updates?

Post by Lin » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 11:29:45

I very often get a stop error 0x0000007E only at shutdown
or restart and don't know how to solve the problem. They
first started after dowloading security update Q328130
and trying to restart. Only twice was any information
given other that the regular do this and do that and
check for bios update and cache and shadow stuff which I
don't understand. It also had under all of the other info
winacusb.sys address with more numbers. I am thinking of
doing a restore to the day I got the computer and wonder
if that will get rid of everything including the critical
updates I have installed as well as drivers for my
printer off of usb, cordless mouse, usb zip and usb
modem. I know you can use the add/remove for the hotfixes
but when I click on just one they say I might interfere
with many of my other programs if I remove it. I might
just as well start from scratch to get rid of these stop
errors at restart or shutdown. Searched for stop errors
at Microsoft site but it is all Greek to me. Sorry this
is so long. Just trying to figure things out for a newbie
and what and how to solve my bluesceens. I have a Dell,
2.40, XP, 256ram and 30gb hard drive if it matters. Using
a zoom 3090 mini usb modem, logitech ps2 cordless
mouseman wheel with microsoft drivers, HP Photosmart usb
1000 printer and Iomega usb zip 100. Thanks
Lin

will restore lose my critical updates?

Post by jd » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 09:04:23

Yes,
system  restore will lose ur critical updates.
I had a similar problem, and system restore fix
everything.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I very often get a stop error 0x0000007E only at
shutdown
>or restart and don't know how to solve the problem. They
>first started after dowloading security update Q328130
>and trying to restart. Only twice was any information
>given other that the regular do this and do that and
>check for bios update and cache and shadow stuff which I
>don't understand. It also had under all of the other
info
>winacusb.sys address with more numbers. I am thinking of
>doing a restore to the day I got the computer and wonder
>if that will get rid of everything including the
critical
>updates I have installed as well as drivers for my
>printer off of usb, cordless mouse, usb zip and usb
>modem. I know you can use the add/remove for the
hotfixes
>but when I click on just one they say I might interfere
>with many of my other programs if I remove it. I might
>just as well start from scratch to get rid of these stop
>errors at restart or shutdown. Searched for stop errors
>at Microsoft site but it is all Greek to me. Sorry this
>is so long. Just trying to figure things out for a
newbie
>and what and how to solve my bluesceens. I have a Dell,
>2.40, XP, 256ram and 30gb hard drive if it matters.
Using
>a zoom 3090 mini usb modem, logitech ps2 cordless
>mouseman wheel with microsoft drivers, HP Photosmart usb
>1000 printer and Iomega usb zip 100. Thanks
>Lin
>.

1. Loaded IE6 Critical Update and VM 816093 Critical Update

I was prompted for these two critical updates on my
computer.  I am currently using Windows ME - Now when I go
into games, they will not load and the help says to make
sure you have Virtual Machine loaded, which it is, and to
check to make sure you have all Java stuff enabled, which
they are.  I was reading about the update for 816093 and I
do not understand what it is actually saying - if this
update has a problem or if it is supposed to fix the
problem - anyway - I have been having problems since I
loaded these two updates.  Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Integrating products with web browsers

3. Critical Updates/ System Restore

4. changing the routes!

5. Critical updates and System restore

6. No Search Listing Thumbnail Previews???

7. Critical Update --> Seach and System Restore errors

8. removing a service

9. Q329441 critical update won't reinstall after a system restore

10. system restore and critical updates

11. Critical update and System Restore crossed wires

12. Critical Update and System Restore problem???

13. Windows update failed to download a critical update... now any update fails.