Need help with repair.

Post by Rich » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 03:29:06

Hi,
Trying to fix a registry problem by doing a repair.
Changed bios to boot from cd.
Run through check and hit "R" for repair.
Then press 1 for c:\windows repair.
Then i am asked for Administrator password !
Don't know what the   are looking for.

How do i get to repair by booting from
winxp CD??

thank's
rich

Need help with repair.

Post by Bugsbyt » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 04:18:30

Check here
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_install.htm

Quote:> Hi,
> Trying to fix a registry problem by doing a repair.
> Changed bios to boot from cd.
> Run through check and hit "R" for repair.
> Then press 1 for c:\windows repair.
> Then i am asked for Administrator password !
> Don't know what the   are looking for.

> How do i get to repair by booting from
> winxp CD??

> thank's
> rich

Need help with repair.

Post by Steve C. Ra » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 04:36:07

Don't select the first repair option. Boot from the XP CD,select Setup
Windows XP, press Enter, press F8 to accept the Licensing Agreement, press R
for repair. You will have to reload updates.

--
Steve C. Ray
Replace "mail" with "36db"

Quote:> Hi,
> Trying to fix a registry problem by doing a repair.
> Changed bios to boot from cd.
> Run through check and hit "R" for repair.
> Then press 1 for c:\windows repair.
> Then i am asked for Administrator password !
> Don't know what the   are looking for.

> How do i get to repair by booting from
> winxp CD??

> thank's
> rich

Need help with repair.

Post by Michael Steven » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 07:00:37

> Hi,
> Trying to fix a registry problem by doing a repair.
> Changed bios to boot from cd.
> Run through check and hit "R" for repair.
> Then press 1 for c:\windows repair.
> Then i am asked for Administrator password !
> Don't know what the   are looking for.

> How do i get to repair by booting from
> winxp CD??

> thank's
> rich

For step by step on repair install.
Click on the link below, or copy and paste the link into the address box
if using the web based newsgroup.

Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP

http://michaelstevenstech.com

1. Need HELP to repair XP

Hi!  I followed microsofts instructions on how to do a repair in XP and I
know I have seen this problem in here before but can't find the answer.  I
booted from the XP cd....got all the way into the repair and then it said
this:

1: C:\Windows
Which installation would you like to log onto <to cancel, press Enter>?

I typed in 1 then it said:

type the administator password:

I hit enter and got the following:

C:\Windows>

And after that nothing happened............so I typed exit............Anyhow
have the magic answer on how to get past this point?  Microsoft's
instructions were:

1.  Restart the computer and enter BIOS.  Modify the setting and let the
system first boot from the CD-ROM.  You can get the detailed steps to enter
into BIOS from the manual of the motherboard.
2.  Insert the Windows XP install CD and restart the computer.
3.  Press ENTER on the first option screen to select the "To set up Windows
XP now, Press Enter".
4.  Press F8 to accept the License Agreement.
5.  Setup should now detect your installation.
6.  When you are prompted to repair the existing Windows XP installation,
press R.
7.  Follow the setup wizard to repair your Windows XP.

RIGHT!  I never saw an option to accept the license agreement at all........
any help would surely be appreciated!!!

Bonnie Sue
that take our breath away.  Isaah

2. Help: NT station doesn't see entire network

3. Help: Need to repair BKF file from ntbackup, victim in desperate need.

4. Got rid of Xupiter, now cannot search in Explorer

5. IE6 Needs Repair But Repairing it Doesn't Work

6. Red X's - again!

7. I need help/I need help/I need help

8. microsoft word

9. Need to repair BKF file from ntbackup, victim in desperate need.

10. Need help with "Repair Internet Explorer" Error Message

11. I need help repairing Windows XP System Files

12. XP repair installation help needed

13. Need help with XP repair