Fax Console - can't send fax to remote fax

Fax Console - can't send fax to remote fax

Post by Nick Trip » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:00:27

message ' The fax printer cannot be accessed.'

I'm wanting to use the remote fax facility that supposedly
comes with Windows XP. I have 1 PC with a fax/modem
installed and the fax service and another test PC across
the LAN. It connects ok and reconises the remote fax using
the fax console but whenever I try and create or send a
fax to it from the test pc I get the above message. Note
also that I have given full access rights to everyone to
use the fax facility. I have also tried many other tests
with different PC's with the same results.

Fax Console - can't send fax to remote fax

Post by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 19:25:52

XP does not supply a remote fax facility. It can only serve as a client to a
remote fax facility, such as SBS Fax. The fax module in XP Fax does not
support sharing.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Quote:> message ' The fax printer cannot be accessed.'

> I'm wanting to use the remote fax facility that supposedly
> comes with Windows XP. I have 1 PC with a fax/modem
> installed and the fax service and another test PC across
> the LAN. It connects ok and reconises the remote fax using
> the fax console but whenever I try and create or send a
> fax to it from the test pc I get the above message. Note
> also that I have given full access rights to everyone to
> use the fax facility. I have also tried many other tests
> with different PC's with the same results.

Fax Console - can't send fax to remote fax

Post by Mar » Thu, 25 Jul 2002 05:15:20

Hi Russ,

Perhaps you could help me.
I understand that WinXP Pro does not have a remote fax facility.
However, is it possible to purchase/download JUST the remove fax?
The reason I ask is that we don't have SBS.  We have virtually every
peice of it (exhange, commerce, etc) but the SBS didn't fit our needs.
I don't want to have to install SBS as it is overkill for just the
remote fax.
Thank you for your time.

Mark Hanson
Embroidery Library Inc.

> XP does not supply a remote fax facility. It can only serve as a client to a
> remote fax facility, such as SBS Fax. The fax module in XP Fax does not
> support sharing.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]

> > message ' The fax printer cannot be accessed.'

> > I'm wanting to use the remote fax facility that supposedly
> > comes with Windows XP. I have 1 PC with a fax/modem
> > installed and the fax service and another test PC across
> > the LAN. It connects ok and reconises the remote fax using
> > the fax console but whenever I try and create or send a
> > fax to it from the test pc I get the above message. Note
> > also that I have given full access rights to everyone to
> > use the fax facility. I have also tried many other tests
> > with different PC's with the same results.

1. Can't send Fax from Fax Console

I can receive faxes.  I can send faxes from within applications, but when I
try to fax from XP Pro SP1 Fax Console, it doesn't fax.  It goes through the
wizard but never goes to the outbox or attempts to dial.  It just
disappears.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.  Any ideas?

2. Not printing DOS pages

3. Fax Console cannot open fax sent

4. Install Shield Express questions...

5. Can't view faxes in Fax Console

6. Delayed Write Failure

7. How do I WATCH THE FAX as its going in XP's Fax Console?

8. Driver for FDP1500 Monitor from Gateway

9. Fax console won't fax

10. Can't view faxes in fax console

11. MS fax won't send fax in Windows XP

12. I can send faxes but I can't receive faxes

13. sending a fax via email to fax #'s