error 403 Forbidden (access denied by access control list?)

error 403 Forbidden (access denied by access control list?)

Post by Teri » Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:22:06

Hi All,
Need some help from the pro's
1. suddenly receiving (like others I hear) 403 error in I.E. 6 on sites I
had no prior problems connecting to and the error is increasing - what the
heck is the access control list?

    "You were denied access because access denied by access control list."

2. Some of my graphics on various web pages being replaced by the all
famous red picture placeholders even though show pictures options are
selected.  Temp files/cookies etc all have been cleared

3. where is the option to repair IE 6 in xp pro?

This is driving me nuts - pls help
Teri

Checked by Norton's AntiVirus 2002 (www.symantec.com).
Version: 8.00.58

error 403 Forbidden (access denied by access control list?)

Post by Care » Mon, 11 Mar 2002 06:21:38

You can reinstall IE without the need to uninstall it first.

To reinstall Internet Explorer:

Go to Start > Run and type in:  rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 C:\windows\inf\ie.inf
and hit "enter".
Then open IE > Tools > Options > Program tab, and click on "Reset Web Settings" and click "Apply".

Note:  This assumes XP is installed on your "C' partition.  If XP is installed on a partition other than "C", use the correct partition letter when performing this reinstall of IE.

--
Carey Frisch (USA)

1. Forbidden: access denied by access control list, help!

Whenever I try to open up Media Guide or Radio Tuner
through WMP 7.01 I get the message:
Forbidden
You were denied access because:
access denied by access control list.
Anybody know how i could fix this. I use AOL (for my sins)
and I can get these things through the web but not media
player for some reason. I reinstalled WMP but no joy. Any
help appreciated as this is bugging me,
James

2. OE password

3. Forbidden Sites : Access denied by Access Control List

4. installing win 95 without Setup

5. Error type 403 access forbidden

6. getRemoteUser...problem

7. Error 403 - Access Forbidden

8. How can let a normal user to control server services

9. IIS - Error 403 Forbidden Access

10. Internet Access forbidden by Access Control List

11. http 1.1 403 - Access Forbidden on xp

12. HTTP/1.0 403 Access Forbidden

13. Access denied by access control list