Cannot enable DMA with Hitachi GD-2500 DVD ROM

Cannot enable DMA with Hitachi GD-2500 DVD ROM

Post by Lorne Smit » Sun, 24 Nov 2002 02:13:39

See here for information in this...
http://microsoft.com/hwdev/tech/storage/IDE-DMA.asp

HTH

Lorne

Quote:> I cannot get windows XP to detect DMA mode on my Hitachi
> DVD GD-2500 DVD ROM, it does support DMA because I use it
> all the time with the windows9.x series. If I unatach my
> CD burner and keep plugging and unplugging the IDE cable,
> after a while it will pick up, but as soon as I hook up
> the CD burner back onto the IDE cable, it goes back to POI
> mode

1. HITACHI GD 5000 DVD ROM

My Hitachi GD-5000 DVD ROM player will no longer play DVD's under Windows
2000 (it used to under Win 98).  I run a Dell Dimension XPS T600 machine
with 128 Meg of Ram.  I went to the Hitachi web site, downloaded what seemed
to be the latest driver but when I tried to run it it gave me a message
saying it couldn't find MSCDEX.EXE file.

Dell wasn't much help either since they gave me their standard "..we can not
support retail upgrades of operating systems....etc., etc., etc.".

Can anyone help?  Thanks!

2. Need advice Winsock/TCPIP Network API for Windows NT (C++) development

3. Hitachi DVD ROM GD 5000

4. SIMPLE IMPORT OF WAB

5. Hitachi GD 7500 DVD-ROM

6. XScale / PXA250 compiler addin for eVC++

7. Hitachi DVD Rom GD 5000 and Adaptec

8. OT (was General C++ Dev Question)

9. Hitachi GD 7500 DVD-ROM

10. Hitachi DVD-ROM GD-5000 problem