drivers problems

Post by dr adee » Tue, 28 Oct 2003 04:43:57

hi
there are more than one driver shares the same resources
like modem card and sound driver.please help me to solve
a like problems.
thank you
dr adeeb

drivers problems

Post by Cari MS-MV » Tue, 28 Oct 2003 05:05:14

That is perfectly normal in XP.

See the KB article at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314068

Cari
www.coribright.com

Quote:> hi
> there are more than one driver shares the same resources
> like modem card and sound driver.please help me to solve
> a like problems.
> thank you
> dr adeeb

1. USB 2.0 XP Drivers (5.1.266.0) Loads Two Device drivers Problem

I have an external Plextor CD-Writer, connected to a ADS Tubro USB 2.0
PCI card.  I am using Windows XP Pro.  I installed the 5.1.266.0
drivers to update my system for USB 2.0 support ( ADS does not provide
drivers).  My problem is this:

If i boot my system with the USB drive turned on Windows  XP igonres
it.   If I look in Device Manager, I see that the  "USB Mass Storage
Device" under the  USB Serial Bus controllers has TWO entries.  One of
the entries has a caution symbol on it indicating that the device has
been loaded twice.  If I turn off my USB 2.0 device and then turn it
back on, the caution symbol goes away and there is no conflict, the
device begins to work as it should.

What can I do to fix this problem ?  I have tried to uninstall it,
re-install it, and even disable one of the two device drivers... none
of those solutions has worked.  Every time I boot up I have to "turn
off, then turn back on" my USB 2.0 device so that Windows XP will
recognize that it is there.

I have tried the knowledge base, but I have seen no solution.  I saw
another thread with someone with the same problem, but there was no
solution to the problem.....Anyone figure it out ?

2. OE plays a sound on incoming e-mail, how can I change this sound

3. USB 2.0 XP Driver (5.1.266.0) Loads Two Device drivers Problem

4. getting error message when browsing

5. NDIS PCX500 driver problem(Cisco AIRONET 340 miniport driver)

6. Newsgroups

7. DirectX drivers and S3 Trio 64V+ driver problem!!!

8. Default Monitor - Help

9. SiS Audio 7012 driver problem..BIG PROBLEM

10. Strange 5.1 speaker setup problem (Not a driver problem)

11. Generic / Text Only printer driver problem TTY.DRV UNIDRV.DLL DrawText

12. Nvidia WDM Capture Driver Problem

13. Asynch ACM driver problems