CD-ROM drive will not read CD-ROM's anymore

CD-ROM drive will not read CD-ROM's anymore

Post by <anonym.. » Wed, 17 Dec 2003 05:02:14

 My systen has done the same thing after the last
update.  I have sent emails to microsoft for assistence
as it is due to the sp ( windows update issue)I hope they
repsond.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Just like turning on a light switch, all of the sudden

my CD-ROM drive won't read. It was working fine but now
it won't autorun, Windows doesn't recognize that there's
a CD-ROM in the drive. I would appreciate some advice, I
tried using Windows Troubleshooter and it gave no
answers. The device manager states that the drive is
functioning properly. Any help whatsoever will be greatly
appreciated.
Quote:>.