IBM UPS 500 ups.exe error at startup

Post by Bret » Tue, 02 Sep 2003 03:09:14

Whenever I boot up my computer, roughly 30 seconds after
reaching the password screen, a small ups.exe error
window will pop up, saying that "the memory XXXXXX could
not be referenced at XXXXXX, click OK to terminate."  My
UPS service works fine, i.e. it backs up my PC when the
power goes out, but Windows says that I have no UPS
service connected to the computer, and this annoying
error always pops up at boot up.  Please help!

IBM UPS 500 ups.exe error at startup

Post by Rich Barr » Tue, 02 Sep 2003 07:11:04

  Brett, try uninstalling then reinstalling the UPS System.

This mailbox protected from junk email by Matador

Quote:> Whenever I boot up my computer, roughly 30 seconds after
> reaching the password screen, a small ups.exe error
> window will pop up, saying that "the memory XXXXXX could
> not be referenced at XXXXXX, click OK to terminate."  My
> UPS service works fine, i.e. it backs up my PC when the
> power goes out, but Windows says that I have no UPS
> service connected to the computer, and this annoying
> error always pops up at boot up.  Please help!

IBM UPS 500 ups.exe error at startup

Post by Bret » Tue, 02 Sep 2003 13:33:43

Rich, no luck with the uninstall and reinstall.  Any
other ideas? Thanks!

1. ups.exe application error at startup for UPS 500

Roughly 30 seconds after reaching the password input
screen in Windows XP, an error pops up reading the
following verbatim:

"The instruction at "0x10001530" referenced memory
at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

Uninstalling and reinstalling the UPS software and
hardware does nothing to rid my system of this error
popping up at each startup.  What can I do?

2. Changing CD freezes PC

3. Pop-ups, Pop-ups, Pop-ups EVERYWHERE .. arghhh

4. Problem with images in CTreeView

5. proxy server2.0 installation problems

6. UPS.exe error

7. need help tonight

8. UPS.EXE shut down!

9. ups.exe

10. ups.exe commandeering the CPU

11. The pop-ups the maddening pop-ups!!!

12. Pop-ups and Messanger Pop-ups