Start-up hang-ups

Post by Joerg Forbe » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 01:10:02

Our newly purchased computer with XP regularely hangs up
during start-up,shortly after the animated XP logo.
Our only solution is, to pull the plug and to re-start,XP
will load completely, after a big message and a 'Enter' to
load normally.
Can anybody help? Getting to Microsoft is hopeless.
Thanks Joerg

Start-up hang-ups

Post by Thorsten Matzne » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 03:38:06

>Our newly purchased computer with XP regularely hangs up
>during start-up,shortly after the animated XP logo.

See "Resources for Troubleshooting Startup Problems in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308041).

--
(tm)

Start-up hang-ups

Post by Joerg Forbe » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 07:07:25

> [...]

of the problem specific enough? From my description of the
problem, do you have a solution to offer?
Joerg

Start-up hang-ups

Post by Amethys » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:14:15

> [...]

My, my! We are impatient aren't we? You could have to wait days for a reply
here. I have a solution for you - what's wrong with the warranty? All
systems have at least a year - why are you not invoking it? Any
troubleshooting you do yourself could invalidate it.

MS do /NOT/ support OEM (vendor/supplier installed) Windows. All support is
with the vendor.

--
Cassandra
Card carrying member of the Fresh Start Club 'The Undead Are People Too!'

Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests
of 1million to cassandra (at) craigy34 (dot) freeserve (dot) co (dot)
uk. Change the obvious to the obvious.
Private requests for assistance will not be acknowledged. Please post all
correspondence to the group so that all may benefit. Thank you.

Start-up hang-ups

Post by Thorsten Matzne » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 05:13:57

>> I found no help. Am Imissing something?

The article describes a strategy to find the cause of such kind of
problems. If you have gone through and this did not help you may want
to have the computer checked in your local hardware store.

--
(tm)

1. Pop-ups, Pop-ups, Pop-ups EVERYWHERE .. arghhh

Is my pc infected or am I going mad here?
I get pop ups on 90% of websites that I open.
Yahoo, MSN, Ebay.... etc etc etc ..
I usually get that ad pop-up for the little investigative camera ...
And it only happens when I open a new window. Upon opening Yahoo, for
example, another smaller window pops up with an add...
Does anyone else get this? How is this fixable without installing any Pop up
removal software? I am willing to re-format if needed.
Thanks
gino

2. Need to retrieve Duration of Stream from Player into Server

3. overclocking and windows 95

4. Random Hang ups (not lock ups)

5. Active desktop Help Please

6. DVD playback hang-ups

7. MUSICAL VISUALIZATION - MUSEQ (COOL!) new (1.2) version released ! (WinAmp plug-ins support)

8. reconnecting after hang-ups

9. Intermittent Hang-ups when opening new pages

10. Really NEED HELP to Solve IE 6.0 Hang-Ups

11. Really Need HELP Solving IE 6.0 Hang-Ups

12. CPU usage & .exe hang-ups