Strange Office '97 error message

Post by CarlV » Sat, 18 Jan 2003 19:29:22

I installed Office '97 on my XP machine.  When I open a Word or Excel
file by double clicking on the file name, when the application is not
already running, the application opens, the file is loaded, but 1 second
later an error message  is creates saying "file is being used by Carl.
Do you want to make a copy?"

If I cancel the error message everything works fine.  In addition, if I
open another file, while the application is running, there is no error
message.

Therefore, this is not a serious problem.  However, it is anoying.

Any ideas???

1. Help Please - Office 97 - Strange Behaviour

If I open a MS Word file from My Documents Folder, I will get a message
saying that the file is already open, and do I want to make a copy, however
if I open Word first and then open the file from within Word itself, I do
not get this message, any ideas?  Is it a compatibility thing?  If so I have
tried running the various compatibility settings on Windows XP, but to no
avail.

Any ideas at all?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

2. How to lock a folder? Comment barrer un dossier?

3. Office XP, Office 2000, Office 97 Compatability

4. windowsmedia.player will not play *.mid

5. Call For Participation/Exhibition; PDPTA'97/CISST'97 Conf., Las Vegas, June 30, 97

6. small office network

7. After Installing Office 97 to win95, AOL: ERROR led to ERROR loading IEDKCS32.DLL, why?

8. wierd rebooting issue-eventually it starts up.

9. Why can't I load Microsoft Office '97?!?

10. Thesaurus 'Lost' on MS Office (Word) 97

11. Windows '98 - Office '97 : Problem with fonts - Please help me ?

12. xp compatibility with office 97 excel 97

13. Excel 97 in Office 97 SBE