Explorer crashes when viewing folders with images...

Explorer crashes when viewing folders with images...

Post by Wendell Joyne » Mon, 17 Feb 2003 02:02:32

Hello All,

Any insight would be greatly appreciated with the following problem. It's
just started occurring within the last week. My system is up to date with
all of the XP Updates (at least according to the Windows Update site).

Anytime I try to access a folder that displays thumbnails of images,
explorer restarts (ie. My Pictures, etc). In addition, when I try to change
the desktop image, I get an error with "Run a DLL as an App" when I click on
Apply or OK. I've seen a few other postings with this same problem but no
one has replied to those either.

I'm running Windows XP Home edition on  a Compaq 7110US (default
configuration).

Thanks in advance.

--Wendell

1. Explorer crashes when viewing jpg images in My Documents folder

Greetings All!

Here is a strange one, when I try to view a picture
inside the my pictures folder inside my documents.
Explorer comes up and says it has crashed and will
restart? This seems to be happening as it is trying to
display the thumbnails of the images. These are just jpg
pictures that when viewed in any other directory are just
fine! I would appreciate any advice.

Cheers! =)

2. missing pagefile or full

3. Windows explorer crashing when viewing images

4. Website questions :-)

5. Windows Explorer Continuously Crashing on viewing images

6. Ack, sound, etc screwed up

7. Windows explorer crashing when viewing images

8. HELP: xwres.dll? Oracle?

9. Windows Explorer Crashes When JPEG Image Folder Opened

10. Win XP explorer crashes when opening "my images" folder

11. WMP9: Explorer crash when generating folder preview in web view

12. Explorer crashes XP in folder view

13. explorer crashes when viewing My Pictures Folder