Locking system in Win XP Pro

Post by Bernard Ye » Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:18:24

I tried going to Ctrl-Alt-Del/Taskman to lock my WinXP Pro system when I get
up from the desk, but there doesnt seem to be an option to do that.  I can
set my screensaver to password protect, but isnt there a way to do this as
Win2K?

Locking system in Win XP Pro

Post by Walter Clayto » Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:28:31

Winkey-L.

You can still use CAD, but it's listed under the shutdown options. If you
have fast user switching enabled, just use the switch user function. If you
don't have fast user switching enabled, it should be listed as lock.

--
Walter Clayton - MS MVP(MPS-D)
Associate Expert

Quote:> I tried going to Ctrl-Alt-Del/Taskman to lock my WinXP Pro system when I
get
> up from the desk, but there doesnt seem to be an option to do that.  I can
> set my screensaver to password protect, but isnt there a way to do this as
> Win2K?

Locking system in Win XP Pro

Post by Bernard Ye » Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:15:18

Great, thank so much.

I was unclear about that feature...!

> Winkey-L.

> You can still use CAD, but it's listed under the shutdown options. If you
> have fast user switching enabled, just use the switch user function. If
you
> don't have fast user switching enabled, it should be listed as lock.

> --
> Walter Clayton - MS MVP(MPS-D)
> Associate Expert
> Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
> http://www.dts-l.org
> http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/fileversion/default.asp

> > I tried going to Ctrl-Alt-Del/Taskman to lock my WinXP Pro system when I
> get
> > up from the desk, but there doesnt seem to be an option to do that.  I
can
> > set my screensaver to password protect, but isnt there a way to do this
as
> > Win2K?

Locking system in Win XP Pro

Post by Bob Cerell » Tue, 30 Apr 2002 23:47:27

Another option, if you have a keyboard with the Windows key, would be to
simply press Windows+L

Bob Cerelli
NCWA - No Certification WhatsoEver
http://www.onecomputerguy.com