Probles with USB hub and system file restore after updating to Xp SP1

Probles with USB hub and system file restore after updating to Xp SP1

Post by Robert Pettif » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 15:58:06

Hi,
Installed Sp1 last night and rebooted. verything seems fine, apart
from my USB ntellimouse explorer,has stopped working. If I unplug it
and replug it back in, then it is detected and works fine. Any ideas?

Also, every Reboot I get a message along the lines of "A file has been
replaced which is needed by Xp, please insert Windows CD....." I
insert the Cd, everything clears and runs okay, only for the same
thing to happen at next reboot. Everything seems to be working fine,
so is there anywa I can update the system file message, so as not to
be prompted?

Not huge problems I know, but they are driving me mad

TIA

Rob

Probles with USB hub and system file restore after updating to Xp SP1

Post by eXPonen » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 19:47:46

Difficult to say at this stage Robert, but according to some of Carey's
posts, it seems that a system file may not have copied correctly, although
that may not be the problem in your case.
I personally have had no adverse affect with the SP install, and if I were
in your position, I would be loathed to uninstall and reapply the SP; but
that may be a consideration for later. Wait a while, and maybe re-post later
if the problem persists, at which point others may have by then experienced
the same or similar.
Good luck.

;-)

Quote:> Hi,
> Installed Sp1 last night and rebooted. verything seems fine, apart
> from my USB ntellimouse explorer,has stopped working. If I unplug it
> and replug it back in, then it is detected and works fine. Any ideas?

> Also, every Reboot I get a message along the lines of "A file has been
> replaced which is needed by Xp, please insert Windows CD....." I
> insert the Cd, everything clears and runs okay, only for the same
> thing to happen at next reboot. Everything seems to be working fine,
> so is there anywa I can update the system file message, so as not to
> be prompted?

> Not huge problems I know, but they are driving me mad

> TIA

> Rob

Probles with USB hub and system file restore after updating to Xp SP1

Post by David Brow » Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:00:50

Hi there,

I have the same prob after installing SP1, in my case, i
have a Iiyama vm pro 512 (it has a usb hub) and i have
connected to it a couple of devices (e.g. mouse, cam and
adsl usb modem), time passes and windows boom, kinda
disconnects everything, and my internet goes down and
mouse doesnt, in a few words all of the devices connected
to the hub die, therefore i have to restart and then
everything is back to normal.
SO this is a bit weird, if anyone has any solutions
please tell us.

Cheers
Dave

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,
>Installed Sp1 last night and rebooted. verything seems
fine, apart
>from my USB ntellimouse explorer,has stopped working. If
I unplug it
>and replug it back in, then it is detected and works
fine. Any ideas?

>Also, every Reboot I get a message along the lines of "A
file has been
>replaced which is needed by Xp, please insert Windows
CD....." I
>insert the Cd, everything clears and runs okay, only for
the same
>thing to happen at next reboot. Everything seems to be
working fine,
>so is there anywa I can update the system file message,
so as not to
>be prompted?

>Not huge problems I know, but they are driving me mad

>TIA

>Rob
>.

Probles with USB hub and system file restore after updating to Xp SP1

Post by David Brow » Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:08:32

Btw sorry if I missed typed anything, I cannot type atm, only typing with
one hand :(

Quote:> Hi there,

> I have the same prob after installing SP1, in my case, i
> have a Iiyama vm pro 512 (it has a usb hub) and i have
> connected to it a couple of devices (e.g. mouse, cam and
> adsl usb modem), time passes and windows boom, kinda
> disconnects everything, and my internet goes down and
> mouse doesnt, in a few words all of the devices connected
> to the hub die, therefore i have to restart and then
> everything is back to normal.
> SO this is a bit weird, if anyone has any solutions
> please tell us.

> Cheers
> Dave

Post by eXPonen » Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:16:38

The first rule of thumb here is to scroll through as many posts as possible
to find relevant issues that you may be experiencing; At this time though it
is early days before any specific resolutions filter through.
One primary approach if to do with hardware is to consider re-applying the
correct and latest driver for it;
As for software, if one can pin down which piece of software it is that
might be causing the problem, then, re-applying it might be good enough.
Stick around to monitor the activity and results of SP1, you may find you're
not the only one but maybe not suffering quite as much as other users.

;-)

Quote:> Hi there,

> I have the same prob after installing SP1, in my case, i
> have a Iiyama vm pro 512 (it has a usb hub) and i have
> connected to it a couple of devices (e.g. mouse, cam and
> adsl usb modem), time passes and windows boom, kinda
> disconnects everything, and my internet goes down and
> mouse doesnt, in a few words all of the devices connected
> to the hub die, therefore i have to restart and then
> everything is back to normal.
> SO this is a bit weird, if anyone has any solutions
> please tell us.

> Cheers
> Dave

1. Proble updating Intel USB Driver with Windows Update

Hi,

I have installed a Intel Pocket PC Camera on a PC running
Windows XP Home Edition. When I go into Windows update, i
notice that there is an update available for the Intel USB
driver. However if I try to install this driver update,
the update fails and I get the message that the driver was
1.0.0.52 was unable to install successfully.

Would like to know if someone out there has experienced
any such problems and are there any solutions to this.

Thanks in advance,
RR

2. hard drive installation

3. USB 2.0 Root Hub shows as USB Root Hub in device manager

4. Desktop Themes+AOL=Crash...

5. Plugging a Self Powered USB Hub into a Reg. USB Hub?

6. Internet Explorer crash

7. Shut down problem with USB hub XP sp1

8. MP3's no longer play in WMP 8 (XP)

9. System repair - restore -- HOW TO Start the XP System Restore Tool from a Command Prompt

10. WinXP Pro SP1 Unable to Boot with USB 1.1 Hub

11. My USB hub refuses to work with WXP SP1.

12. USB Hub Root Driver failed to load during SP1

13. USB HUB PORTS AND HUBS