Error Message

Post by MMT » Tue, 15 Oct 2002 18:24:02

I am an XP Professional user and I  keep getting an error message
"Shell_NotifyIcon Fail" can anyone out there tell me what this means and how
to fix it (if it needs fixing) ?
jafcee

--

This E-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient or recipients
only; any opinions or advice expressed in this communication, whether on

Error Message

Post by Sharon » Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:07:09

> I am an XP Professional user and I  keep getting an error message
> "Shell_NotifyIcon Fail" can anyone out there tell me what this means
> and how to fix it (if it needs fixing) ?
> jafcee

It looks like the error is trying to tell you that a startup program -
configured to display an icon in the Notification area by the clock - is
failing to do so. I guess this only needs fixing if you are missing the use
of that icon. You'll probably want to look over your startup programs in
MSCONFIG or System Information to see if you can figure out which program is
doing this.
--
Sharon F
Microsoft MVP, Windows - Shell/User