mouse pointer text windows

Post by polear » Sun, 04 May 2003 14:03:50

Whenever pointing the mouse over a Button or a music
file, a popup text box appears showing the contents of
the file. Question is. Can i stop the popup text box from
appearing, and or set it to appear by holding down the
mouse button only ?

mouse pointer text windows

Post by Pete » Sun, 04 May 2003 14:37:02

You can do part of that;  Go to a folder window and at the top 'Tools' (see
it?) on the drop down menu there is a checbox for disabling the tooltips and
'display of system info'.choose the one you want or don't want and chek
it...I don't know about the other option you want, and it is an ineteresting
option...If there is a way to do that, please let me know....

Quote:> Whenever pointing the mouse over a Button or a music
> file, a popup text box appears showing the contents of
> the file. Question is. Can i stop the popup text box from
> appearing, and or set it to appear by holding down the
> mouse button only ?

mouse pointer text windows

Post by Richie N » Sun, 04 May 2003 14:51:13

The answer is yes this feature can be turned on and off.

Go to the control panel. Go to the folder options.

Go to the View Tab.

In the window Advance Settings at the very bottom of the
list is states "Show Pop up description for folder and
desktop items", uncheck this apply to all folders at the
top then hit apply and say OK. Write this down to reverse
this setting, now mouse over any file and nothing will
apear.

Richie

Quote:>-----Original Message-----