invalid boot.ini error message

Post by Rodney Sas » Thu, 23 May 2002 12:11:31

When I boot I get the error message "invalid boot.ini" and then it says
"booting from c:\winnt" This is before windows loads. It seems to be working
okay, but I have no system restore points so I have a definite problem. If I
use msconfig I have no boot.ini file to edit??? I have system.ini, win.ini,
services and startup which I can edit and I disable them one at a time in a
troubleshooting effort, to no avail.

1. Invalid Boot.ini message...

Since upgrading from Windows ME to Windows XP, I get a brief message at
startup on a black screen.  It says:

Invalid Boot.ini file
Booting from C:\Windows

This occurs just before the Windows XP logo screen appears.  Then Windows
boots just fine.
What is causing this and should I worry about it as long as my computer is
running OK?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Dianne

2. Installation problems ? Cause and effect.

3. Invalid boot.ini message

4. 0E in ESDI_506

5. Error message: NTLDR: Fatal Error 1 reading BOOT.ini

6. pictures won't display automatically

7. Invalid Boot.ini file booting from c:\windows\

8. Windows 95 Media Player

9. boot.ini invalid / dual boot

10. "Invalid boot.ini file" after prepping Microdrive to boot XPe

11. Invalid Boot.ini file booting from c:\windows\

12. Can't find boot.ini... only boot.ini.backup

13. Invaid BOOT.INI error message?