dvd/cdrw is not working

Post by carl » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 04:15:04

could anybody help me . i removed the Tosiba dvd/cdrw
driver in windows XP Home and reinstall the driver.the
dvd/cdrw now wont work. it works as a cd player but not a
cd-rw

dvd/cdrw is not working

Post by Jeff Q » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:59:46

Hi Carl,

This issue may occur if the following registry is added by the third party
CD-Buring software.  Please follow the step below to remove it:

1. Click Start, click Run, type "regedit" (without the quotation marks) in
the Open box, and click OK.
2. Click the plus signs (+) next to the following branches to expand them:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11C
E-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. In the left pane, click to highlight the
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} sub-key.
4. Click the File menu, and click Export File.
5. Within the Export range section, select the Selected branch option box,
and save the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} branch as a .reg file.
(We may restore this branch by double clicking this .reg file later.)

6. In the left pane, click to highlight the
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} sub-key; in the right pane, right
click the following two value names respectively, click Delete and click
Yes to confirm:

Upperfilters
Lowerfilters

7. Close the registry editor, and restart the computer.

On the other hand, I'd like to point out that the CD-Burning feature is
shipped in Windows XP. We may refer to the following link of the specific
article about the description of CD-ROM Recording in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q279/1/57.asp

Regards,

Jeff Qiu

Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation

This posting is provided ?AS IS? with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

Subject: dvd/cdrw is not working