MISSING "iecont.dll" AND "iecontlc.dll" FROM INTERNET EXPLORER !!!

MISSING "iecont.dll" AND "iecontlc.dll" FROM INTERNET EXPLORER !!!

Post by Michael D. Tod » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 16:08:40

My system information utility is telling me that I am missing the following
files related to internet explorer 6.0:

"iecont.dll" and "iecontlc.dll"

I am thinking that these are causes for ALL of MY PROBLEMS with pages
be and all..... HOW ON EARTH DO I RESTORE THESE FILES ??? WHERE DO YOU GET
THEM FROM ?? THEY ARE NOT ON MY WINDOWS XP PRO CD !!!

M. D. Todd
Montgomery, Alabama

Post by Steve Winogra » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 20:16:42

>My system information utility is telling me that I am missing the following
>files related to internet explorer 6.0:

>"iecont.dll" and "iecontlc.dll"

>I am thinking that these are causes for ALL of MY PROBLEMS with pages
>be and all..... HOW ON EARTH DO I RESTORE THESE FILES ??? WHERE DO YOU GET
>THEM FROM ?? THEY ARE NOT ON MY WINDOWS XP PRO CD !!!

>M. D. Todd
>Montgomery, Alabama

My Windows XP systems say the same thing as yours in System
Information | Internet Settings | Internet Explorer | File Versions:
those two files are listed as <File Missing>.  I searched for those
files, and they don't exist.

So I think that what you're seeing is normal, and I don't think that
it's the cause of your IE6 problems.  I suggest posting a message
describing the problems, in detail, in an Internet Explorer news group
like microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser.  The people
there should be able to help.
--
Best Wishes,
Steve Winograd, MS-MVP

for everyone to see.  I will not reply to E-mail or news group
messages addressed directly to me.

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp

1. MISSING "iecont.dll" AND "iecontlc.dll"; HOW DO I GET THEM BACK?

My system information utility is telling me that I am
missing the following files related to Internet Explorer
6.0:

"iecont.dll" and "iecontlc.dll"

I am thinking that these are causes for ALL of MY
PROBLEMS with pages loading correctly in IE 6.0, you
know, little red x's where pictures should be and
all..... HOW ON EARTH DO I RESTORE THESE FILES ??? WHERE
DO YOU GET THEM FROM ?? THEY ARE NOT ON MY WINDOWS XP PRO
CD !!!

M. D. Todd

2. Storing ISP user name and password for all users?

3. Missing Files (IECONT.DLL; IECONTLC.DLL)

4. lsass.exe error at boot

5. iecont.dll and iecontlc.dll file missing

6. Images do not show

7. iecont.dll iecontlc.dll are missing - virus damage?

8. receiving email only from those in address book possible?

9. I need some ".dll" like "kernel32.dll"

10. "winsock.dll" and "wsock32.dll"

11. "NwlnkSpx" in DLL "perfctrs.dll" failed ?

12. The Open Procedure for service "Tcpip" in DLL "Perfctrs.dll" failed

13. iecont.dll & iecontlc.dll